Lindbergh'​s Flight to Paris

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lindbergh'​s Flight to Paris

Win Perkins, a real estate appraiser who specializes in airport properties, has posted on his Website a video he created of Charles Lindbergh's famous and risky takeoff in the "Spirit of St. Louis" on May 20th, 1927.

According to Perkins, his is unlike any other presentation of the Lindbergh takeoff footage. Perkins painstakingly assembled news footage from five cameras that filmed Lindbergh's takeoff from Roosevelt Field, Long Island, and mixed it with enhanced audio from the same newsreel sources.
    This has been broken up into four parts, so after each one, click the Contact button on the left and start the next video. It is also in Flash, so I apologize in advance to our iPhone users trying to kill time in the john. I tried to find these on youtube before posting.

aviation, airport, appraisal, appraisals, valuation, valuations, FBO, hangar, corporate hangar, air cargo, Lindbergh, Charles Lindbergh
    When the government pays, the government controls.

Subscribed for later. Fucking iPhone.

Comment

That's pretty cool.
      http://www.69ecatsstrip.com

Comment

a friend of mine in addison did a Lindbergh commemorative flight from NYC to Paris non-stop in his Cessna 210.
        2004 TR Mustang Mach 1 RIP
        2003 DSG Mustang Mach 1
        2014 Race Red Shelby GT500

Comment

I'm guessing he had tip tanks?
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
            I'm guessing he had tip tanks?
            Tip tanks and ferry tanks in the fuselage. 310 gallons total capacity if I remember right. The guy holds the record for fastest time around the world and to all 7 continents. Which was also done with the same cessna 210.
            2004 TR Mustang Mach 1 RIP
            2003 DSG Mustang Mach 1
            2014 Race Red Shelby GT500

Comment

That's ballsy.
              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

There aren't many true firsts in the adventuring world left to conquer in the world so it's probably different for us... but can you imagine being one of the guys to step up and say, "You know what.. fuck it. Do or die, I'm trying."

Comment

Working...
                X