Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Real Little Tykes Car

I thought this was pretty cool:

We all get crazy little ideas. Most of us dismiss them as pointless, unrealistic, or just silly. John Bitmead is not most of us. No, Englishman Bitmead got his crazy little idea and immediately set about bringing it to life: an adult-scale Little Tikes car. Yes, an open-air car with no windshield in rainy Britain. MUST SEE: Mercedes-Benz Brings G63 AMG 6x6...

Little Tikes Toy Car Turned Into Real Car, We're Not Sure Why
    BY Nelson Ireson NELSON IRESON

We all get crazy little ideas. Most of us dismiss them as pointless, unrealistic, or just silly. John Bitmead is not most of us.

No, Englishman Bitmead got his crazy little idea and immediately set about bringing it to life: an adult-scale Little Tikes car. Yes, an open-air car with no windshield in rainy Britain.

At 1,000 hours and £4,000 (about $6,600) to build, it was no minor undertaking. So why did he do it?

Bitmead explained to the BBC, "I just thought, what a wonderful idea, to make something like that but real." In other words, even Bitmead doesn't really know why he did it.

Inexplicability aside, it looks to be a rather well-executed take on the original toy car many of us knew and loved as toddlers. The car will be used to raise money for childrens charities, too, so it has that going for it.

He kinda stole my idea. I wanted to build one of those using a gixxer smart car as the platform. But I'm a broke fuck, so good for that guy.
    "You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating Fruit Loops on your front porch"

Comment

What the fuck is a text disk?

oh TAX disk......what the hell is that?

Comment

Mot, like registration. They come on a round disk if I'm not mistaken.

Ded

Comment

I wonder how he knows if the SRS works

Comment

fit a body on it and be good to go
            [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CQfom3ceCk&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

Comment

Working...
            X