Can someone educate me on HIR, HID and Bi-Xenon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
    just remember...cheap aint good and good aint cheap.

Id love to do my F250's lights but again, fucking permaseal. Permaseal is the devil.

Man, I can't seem to find a knowledgeable person or shop to do it so far that I trust. Wireless and shansen are the only two on that forum I've found in Texas. May ask wireless to do it and pay him if he is willing.

That kit I posted a link to above, is that a good quality setup or no?

Comment

Does anyone offer an LED conversion? The new technology is laser projection but it's still on pricey German cars, LEDs are pretty commonplace though. My wife's Corolla came standard with them and they are awesome! Way better than the HIDs my C6 and 350Z had.

Comment

Originally posted by SMKR View Post
        Man, I can't seem to find a knowledgeable person or shop to do it so far that I trust. Wireless and shansen are the only two on that forum I've found in Texas. May ask wireless to do it and pay him if he is willing.

If you are going to pay someone, you may actually look into a better projector. Some of the Lexus projectors are badass. The RX projectors are supposed to be great. Also, google around for forums (look on HIDplanet) as TRS does group buys all the time and they do 25% off or so. I got mine on a group buy through a F150 forum.

BP... many stock HID's are inferior to aftermarket projector setups.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
          Does anyone offer an LED conversion? The new technology is laser projection but it's still on pricey German cars, LEDs are pretty commonplace though. My wife's Corolla came standard with them and they are awesome! Way better than the HIDs my C6 and 350Z had.
          They have drop-in LED bulbs now. No ballast or modifications.

Comment

Originally posted by UserX View Post
            I bought a pair of those for some fog lights and I was unimpressed with the light output. You have to run multiple large LED's to equal the light ouput of HID, but many of the mfgs are doing that now. I read somewhere they are expensive. My wife's Fusion and son's Mustang have projector housings and the I used HID alternating current H-11 bulbs (slim ballast). They both got brighter and direct light to the road with put unnessary glare.
            If you can find aftermarket projector headlamp housings you can achieve the same thing without as me using the factory Ford projector HL housing.

I used www.tempestdirect.com for the HID's
            Last edited by Rick Modena; 02-05-2014, 05:03 PM.
            Originally posted by Silverback
            Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by UserX View Post

These suck. Hard.

Comment

Originally posted by SMKR View Post

Comment

Lightwerkz is supposed to be a top notch shop... Black Flame was sort of new as of a year or so ago. Either way if TRS if recommending them, I would believe they are very dependable and will have good quality.

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
                    Lightwerkz is supposed to be a top notch shop... Black Flame was sort of new as of a year or so ago. Either way if TRS if recommending them, I would believe they are very dependable and will have good quality.
                    They also have a recommended installer in both Arlington and Plano, you have to click the points on the map. I guess the ones at huge bottom of huge page paid a bit more for the exclusivity. /shrug.

Comment

If your looking for some really good info. hidplanet.com is an awesome source for retrofitting stuff.
                      GOPR0198 by larrychance88

Comment

Working...
                      X