Can someone educate me on HIR, HID and Bi-Xenon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone educate me on HIR, HID and Bi-Xenon

I have a 2014 GMC Sierra with HIR projectors, and they suck. I would like to see if I could convert my factory setup to the Bi-xenon FX-R Stage IV Kit from the RetroFit Source.

1) Do you think this can be done by an amateur?

2) Do you forsee any issues using this kit?

All I know is the stock light output sucks, a lot worse than i expected. Here is a Bi-Xenon conversion done on a 2014 Silverado, only issue is the Silverado's setup is different than the 2014 Sierras.

This is the look Im going for:

If you do them, just make sure to set them very high so they blind every other motorist. This seems to be the proper way to mount them.
    Originally posted by lincolnboy
    After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
      If you do them, just make sure to set them very high so they blind every other motorist. This seems to be the proper way to mount them.
      The way I was going to set them was 3" lower than the level they are at when they exit the light itself- no?

Comment

my wife's mazda cx9 has the height adjustable bi-xenon headlights and theyre pretty bad ass.
        http://www.amazon.com/Viralution-Don...don+kehlenbeck

www.facebook.com/TheViralution

Comment

I wish the DOT would start inforcing the law on this shit or the inspectors.
          Sick of blue, pink, green lights blinding me. There is no DOT aproved hid retro fit kit.

Comment

I did a retrofit on my old F150... New housings are expensive if you screw them up. A good conversion will cost you $800 and you wont have your lights for a week. These new permasealed headlights are a bitch to open. I would get a spare set of housings and do the conversion then resell your old ones.

Comment

Originally posted by sig239 View Post
              Sick of blue, pink, green lights blinding me. There is no DOT aproved hid retro fit kit.
              I could care less for the colored crap, I just want the factory color. I just need something brighter, these stock lights suck, especially in hog-infested areas. its either do this or hit a switch for a light bar when no one else is around.

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
                I did a retrofit on my old F150... New housings are expensive if you screw them up. A good conversion will cost you $800 and you wont have your lights for a week. These new permasealed headlights are a bitch to open. I would get a spare set of housings and do the conversion then resell your old ones.
                Did you do yours or a company? Any recommendations? I'm tired of the sucky halogens and don't want to be "that guy" with the drop ins.

Comment

Originally posted by sig239 View Post
                  My girlfriend rages extra hard about this. I think she's going to drag one of these hillbillies out of his brodozer one day, if I don't watch her close.
                  ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
                    Did you do yours or a company? Any recommendations? I'm tired of the sucky halogens and don't want to be "that guy" with the drop ins.
                    X2

I fear a fuck up that will be costly, would like a nice professional person or company to do my setup install, or at least help.

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                      My girlfriend rages extra hard about this. I think she's going to drag one of these hillbillies out of his brodozer one day, if I don't watch her close.
                      It is annoying

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
                        I did my own.. one light was a little skewed but wasnt bad. If you want suggestions for a company to do them, just check out hidplanet.com's forums. There are some great companies on their forum with stellar work.

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
                          I did my own.. one light was a little skewed but wasnt bad. If you want suggestions for a company to do them, just check out hidplanet.com's forums. There are some great companies on their forum with stellar work.
                          thanks

Comment

Originally posted by SMKR View Post
                            thanks
                            X2

Comment

just remember...cheap aint good and good aint cheap.

Id love to do my F250's lights but again, fucking permaseal. Permaseal is the devil.

Comment

Working...
                              X