Today's Conference Calls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SOLOW55 View Post
    Need to add when someone puts there phone on hold.
    That will bring any conference call to a grinding halt.
    Originally posted by BradM
    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
    Originally posted by Leah
    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

They forgot the case where two people near each other decide to put their phones on speakerphone and it starts echoing.

Comment

With GoToMeeting you can mute all attendees as a presenter/call leader. Makes life a thousand times easier.

I am on at least 2-3 conf calls a day. One of which is a "stand up" meeting...which breaks most of the rules of a proper stand-up by A) not being in one place, and B) not standing up and C) not sticking with the immediate here and now decisions. Its used as a hybrid status call and its not the intention of a stand-up.

Comment

I have one once a week, normally I get on the call, run our to my car, grab breakfast and get back in time for the "any comments? DJ, do you have anything to add?"
          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

I'm in IT and I'm on at least 6 hours of conference calls daily, this video is truf! I get caught "multitasking" pretty much every day but then again I'm usually on 2 calls at once.
            Originally posted by stevo
            Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

We use Lync for all of our conferences, and very often we have someone presenting a PPT, spreadsheet, etc. from their desktop...except some people don't know or remember to either present from their second monitor or set their chat status to Do Not Disturb....I can't tell you how many times someone has been in the middle of sharing their desktop and they get an IM ping that pops up momentarily that everyone else can see....and it can be really awkward when it's someone saying something about someone else on the same call.
              70' Chevelle RagTop
              (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Rreemo View Post
                  We use Lync for all of our conferences, and very often we have someone presenting a PPT, spreadsheet, etc. from their desktop...except some people don't know or remember to either present from their second monitor or set their chat status to Do Not Disturb....I can't tell you how many times someone has been in the middle of sharing their desktop and they get an IM ping that pops up momentarily that everyone else can see....and it can be really awkward when it's someone saying something about someone else on the same call.
                  Back when we were a tiny company, and used skype, my boss (a VP) skyped me a question. I answered back, and used the hidden emoticon (bird). Which shows someone flipping the bird.

He was presenting to executives at Boeing.

He hasn't really forgotten this.
                  sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                  17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                  13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                  86 SVO - Sold
                  '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                  01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                  65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Rreemo View Post
                    We use Lync as well, but we've set it to make people as Do Not Disturb by default when they're presenting. But. That doesn't matter if they've already started a conversation with someone before they've started presenting.

Comment

Working...
                    X