Today's Conference Calls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today's Conference Calls

I thought this was pretty funny. In my job I spend a lot of time on conference calls, and I can totally relate to this one. Have heard a toilet flushing when someone forgot to mute out, dogs barking, train horns, etc, etc......

70' Chevelle RagTop
    (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

"The host has not yet arrived. Please stay on the line."
    **cue shitty music that hasn't changed in at least 7 years**

Comment

that is unfortunately extremely accurate :/

Comment

Every. Fucking. Day. In our daily huddle.

Comment

The only thing missing was someone talking on another phone, and not muting.

We do these calls almost monthly, and there are 300+ on them. It drives me fucking crazy. Takes 2 hours to get through 30-40 minutes of material.
          Originally posted by BradM
          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
          Originally posted by Leah
          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Ours usually go pretty smoothly, except for the occasional dog bark and/or echo. Some of our reps can close multi-million dollar deals, but not figure out the mute keys.

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
              We use meetingplace, and * will mute the music.

I am on at least 1 call every day, more than not it's 2 or 3. this video is a perfect depiction of those calls.

Comment

They are always fun when you are early and don't announce yourself and hear the chit chat .

Comment

Dogs barking, kids playing, even heard people ordering at a drive thru.

and OMG the SAME freakin' song on the muzak! At least pipe in a radio station or something so the music changes.

And yes to not having your name attached. Easy entry and easy exit without alerting anybody.
                  "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Daily life for me. One they didn't cover was the "multitasker" who is on the call but "working" on something else so when a question comes up or you need their input you always get "I'm sorry, I was multitasking, what was the question again?".
                    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Originally posted by BlackGT View Post
                      Daily life for me. One they didn't cover was the "multitasker" who is on the call but "working" on something else so when a question comes up or you need their input you always get "I'm sorry, I was multitasking, what was the question again?".
                      I'm guilty, but i have a workload that takes 7.5-8 hours a day to complete, how the fuck am i (are we) supposed to get our work done without multitasking?

I hate the fact that i'm tethered to meetings all day and still have a normal job to do outside of all the frivolous crap.

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                        And we can't turn the volume down on either of our two conf call systems until the host logs in.

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                        The only thing missing was someone talking on another phone, and not muting.

We do these calls almost monthly, and there are 300+ on them. It drives me fucking crazy. Takes 2 hours to get through 30-40 minutes of material.
                        You should try that when half the company, ~35k people can't figure "mute" out...

And after some of the questions asked, I wonder who reminds these folks to breathe?
                        sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                        17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                        13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                        86 SVO - Sold
                        '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                        01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                        65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Need to add when someone puts there phone on hold.

Comment

Genius!!!

Comment

Not long ago I was on a CC at a customer's site where something funny happened. We were in a medium size conference room with about a half a dozen different folks in the room and maybe that many more remote that were going to participate on the call from several different companies. Someone who had out their laptop started to dial the number in the meeting invite on the table phone while it was on speaker of course. Instead of the CC line it was a gay sex hotline.

It went like, " Welcome to hot beefy studs. To speak to one of our brute bears press 1. To speak to a ripped pool boy with no gag reflex press 2" and so on and so on. Needless to say it was pretty damn funny given the setting and people involved. The guy who setup the call frantically sent out another meeting invite, but almost everyone remote who finally got on the real call made it a point to say, "Hey, I just called that first number and it was a gay sex hotline!" I was told that it happens often because their dial in number was only a digit off from the sex line, but I'm still sceptical...

Comment

Working...
                              X