No announcement yet.

new daily - 2001 Sierra C3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well i have checked the fuel a few times all on the same pump and has ranged from 15-18.5 hand calculated. the fuel computer was only off by .3.

i had all the fluids changed. put new tires on. did window tint. removed rear block (2.5 inches) and added bilsteins all the way around. cleaned mass air/throttle body. changed air filter. plan to do belts, fuel filter, tune, muffler, and AEM dry performance filter. any other suggestions?

current pic. its filthy (ice/rain/trees) but you would never know it with this color.

Comment

Badass truck man.

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

Originally posted by 91CoupeMike View Post
        Badass truck man.
        thanks. how is yours coming along?

Comment

Originally posted by smrr1 View Post
          thanks. how is yours coming along?
          Between work and weather... I'll have the motor out this weekend.

Getting a new headliner, mirrors and electric fans this weekend. I've also upgraded my cluster to a Denali since I needed to rebuild it anyways.

Comment

Between work and weather... I'll have the motor out this weekend.

Getting a new headliner, mirrors and electric fans this weekend. I've also upgraded my cluster to a Denali since I needed to rebuild it anyways.
            sounds good. if you have any interest in tightening up the susp i fully suggest bilsteins. i am absolutely thrilled with the change.

Comment

well i have checked the fuel a few times all on the same pump and has ranged from 15-18.5 hand calculated. the fuel computer was only off by .3.

i had all the fluids changed. put new tires on. did window tint. removed rear block (2.5 inches) and added bilsteins all the way around. cleaned mass air/throttle body. changed air filter. plan to do belts, fuel filter, tune, muffler, and AEM dry performance filter. any other suggestions?

current pic. its filthy (ice/rain/trees) but you would never know it with this color.
              You still have that white Z71?

Comment

Originally posted by SMKR View Post
                You still have that white Z71?
                the silver 97 with super low miles? nope. it sold on ebay. its in new jersey now. i have had a few vehicles since it. i do miss it.

Comment

the overhead in my dodge is sometimes close, and sometimes several off of hand calculations.

The on board computer in my bmw has been dead nuts on every time I checked. I gave up after 5 tanks and just look at it.
                  "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                    the overhead in my dodge is sometimes close, and sometimes several off of hand calculations.

The on board computer in my bmw has been dead nuts on every time I checked. I gave up after 5 tanks and just look at it.
                    i have noticed on most all of my vehicles that have had a computer that if i use the same pump and filling method 100% of the time and reset the computer everytime the computer is usually very close

Comment

i have noticed on most all of my vehicles that have had a computer that if i use the same pump and filling method 100% of the time and reset the computer everytime the computer is usually very close
                      my truck has never been close twice in a row, but big injectors, big turbo, tuners and weather all play a part in that.
                      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                        my truck has never been close twice in a row, but big injectors, big turbo, tuners and weather all play a part in that.
                        yep. mine usually are driven nicely and are mostly stock. also i drive 85-90% hwy.

Comment

So did you ever check the vin and see which 6.0 it had?

U = lq4 6.0
                          N = lq9 6.0

Comment

So did you ever check the vin and see which 6.0 it had?

U = lq4 6.0
                            N = lq9 6.0
                            no didn't check the vin but according to the internet it is the LQ4

Last edited by smrr1; 02-06-2014, 09:30 PM.

Comment

no didn't check the vin but according to the internet it is the LQ4

http://www.denalitrucks.com/documents/sierrac3.pdf
                              I was wondering with it being a 2001.

Being awd does it have the 4.10s? Nvm I'm reading the link now.

I'm curious because 15-18mpg is a lot more then I'm expecting from mine.

Comment

I was wondering with it being a 2001.

Being awd does it have the 4.10s? Nvm I'm reading the link now.

I'm curious because 15-18mpg is a lot more then I'm expecting from mine.
                                i drive like an old lady to pull that off. if i drove a little more average or aggressive i think it would drop to 13 or so. window sticker shows 14 hwy. it has 373 gears. wish it had 342. the 6L has plenty of low end torque already. i commute around 52 miles round trip and 45 or so are all hwy and i am running 60-65. don't have a lot of stop signs or lights.

Comment

Working...
                                X