Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Worlds Roundest Object

Pretty damn fascinating.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

There're a whole bunch of gay jokes in there...

Cool video!
    Last edited by crapstang; 01-19-2014, 10:36 PM.
    Originally posted by Buzzo
    Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

Ok...I geeked.
      "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

So, in summary, it was made to redefine the definition of a kilogram?
        Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

The little devil that pops up on my shoulder could have easily convinced me to throw that against the flat fucking wall.

Comment

Originally posted by LaserSVT View Post
            I didn't realize that a kilogram could change depending on what the definition of the kilo is. Just because the object that is a kilogram changes, shouldn't mean that the kilo changes. I figured that once it's set, it should be a constant. I guess I was wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
              I didn't realize that a kilogram could change depending on what the definition of the kilo is. Just because the object that is a kilogram changes, shouldn't mean that the kilo changes. I figured that once it's set, it should be a constant. I guess I was wrong.
              Well, I believe what they're saying is it isn't a set figure, because everything that is "set" it set according to a particular weight for calibration. I presume this is only an issue for extremely precise measurements (they are talking 90 micron differences in mass) but for calibration there must be a standard, and from what they are saying, there was no standard. This was created to effectively create the perfect standard.
              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Crazy. To think that weight has suck a fluid concept is a bit tough to wrap the mind around.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                  Well, I believe what they're saying is it isn't a set figure, because everything that is "set" it set according to a particular weight for calibration. I presume this is only an issue for extremely precise measurements (they are talking 90 micron differences in mass) but for calibration there must be a standard, and from what they are saying, there was no standard. This was created to effectively create the perfect standard.
                  That is how I understood it.

Comment

Originally posted by LaserSVT View Post
                    In order to remove the limitations of needing a physical reference, since the physical reference can change.
                    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

I thought this thread was going to be about Forensix.

Comment

That woman's tits are at her stomach.
                        Last edited by Leah; Yesterday at 10:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                          I thought this thread was going to be about Forensix.
                          Are you looking for another woman to lean on the back of your car?

Comment

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
                            Are you looking for another woman to lean on the back of your car?
                            lol

"GET THE FUCK OFF MY CAR!!"

Comment

Fat, drunk and sweaty is no way to go through life.

Comment

Working...
                              X