My new project turd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by barronj View Post
    Funny how the paint gets slowly worked off from oils from our hands, or sweat, or both. Look at the DS rear quarter (fuel door and along the quarter where you might rest your right hand if you pumped with the left hand) and the DS door, both where hands would touch frequently. PS is not the same level of paint wear. I guess it could have sat in a way that favored the DS getting more sun, but my money is on theory # 1.

Gawd, I would love to have that car. I would have never spent money on a 347 though... that would be a 383 or some other 351 stroked variation.

Diggin the pro-star look.

When you want to wrench on something, you have to hose it down liberally with PB Blaster/WD-40 the day before; gotta plan the work out.
    Had I not already had the 347 I would have went a different route since the car had a 351 in it.
    Originally posted by soap
    i can fix anything from a broken tractor to an aching pussy!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ktm300hater View Post
      The place that makes the stuff is here in Stephenville and a buddy works there and has a ton of that stuff stacked up at his house. It works awesome for trailer floors
      Is it still Fibergrate? My little Brother worked there in the 90's. They made some VERY durable stuff. (He said hydrochloric acid couldn't touch the stuff.) Ask your friend if he knew a tall blonde kid named Wes. This would have been around 95/96. From what I recall Wes ran the fiber line through the molds. He said he was perfect for the job due to his height and "wing span".

Great project!
      Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
      There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren M View Post
        Is it still Fibergrate? My little Brother worked there in the 90's. They made some VERY durable stuff. (He said hydrochloric acid couldn't touch the stuff.) Ask your friend if he knew a tall blonde kid named Wes. This would have been around 95/96. From what I recall Wes ran the fiber line through the molds. He said he was perfect for the job due to his height and "wing span".

Great project!

Wes Powell? If so that's who I got it from. Haha. And yes it's still called fibergrate

Comment

Hooking up some boost

Dart blocked 347, eagle forged rotating Assy, probe pistons, 10.8 comp ratio. lunati 51025 cam with 1.7 rockers, ported trick flow heads, Vic junior intake,

Vortech S trim, pulled to make around 15 psi, C&S billet aerosol carb (should be here Tuesday)

No intercooler, you don't really need one when doing blowthru at lower boost levels, the drive system is all foxbody 5.0 stuff so no real issues with pulleys and belts

I'm hoping for 650-700 Ish to the tires thru the manual shift C4. Rear is geared 3.70 at the moment with 275/50-15 drag radials. I have a narrowed rear axle with a ladderbar setup I'm about to start on. I'm going to put 33/18.5-15 tires under it with a 5.13 gear and a gear vendor so I can still drive it down the highway.

After that is all done I'll upgrade to a bigger blower

Then a cage, interior and finish the bodywork...

Comment

Just now seeing this. One of my favorite body styles. Love the car man.

David

Comment

Awesome!!
              Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

love the look now....

keep us updated!

Comment

do you have a blowthru carb yet?
                  One day at a time.

Comment

Ordered a c&s today

Comment

What fuel are you running?
                      1971 Ford Torino - Time to go bigger and better.

2011 F150 Limited - Stock with a 6.2

Comment

93 with a meth sprayer

Comment

Cut the back seat and trunk out since it was a little rusty anyway. Big tires coming soon

Comment

nice, bobby. i would have asked for a ride if you werent so busy at the time!

Comment

Working...
                            X