Some more office bling.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some more office bling.

Dude stopped by my shop with all kinds of old cool car paraphernalia and we worked out what I thought to be a great deal for these four glass framed pieces.
    What y'all think?

Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Wanna sell the Cobra flag?
    Originally posted by Theodore Roosevelt
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

Why would you want one of these?

Comment

Don't want to sell the flag. Bought that with my dad when we both had Cobras and he passed away a couple years back so it has sentimental value.

Bought it on ebay for like $40 shipped about 5 years ago. I would imagine they are still out there.
        Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

interesting way to hang those pictures.
          DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Due to them being glass and sometimes windy when the office door opens I felt it safer so they don't get blown down, break, cut someone and then I get sued.

Comment

Originally posted by LaserSVT View Post
              Due to them being glass and sometimes windy when the office door opens I felt it safer so they don't get blown down, break, cut someone and then I get sued.
              That'll do it mang
              DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Originally posted by LaserSVT View Post
                Try 3M Command strips. They work great.

Comment

Lol @ the globe.
                  Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Originally posted by Z06killinsbf View Post
                    Lol @ the globe.
                    whats an office without a world globe and a fake plant! shiiiit

Comment

I don't even "LIKE" Ford anymore ...However, "my" (I say this cause I work in here more than my office) garage-bar, is appointed with more rad beer/gas/track/FoMo finds than one should handle. Makes for a productive, yet chill environment. Looks good! (Even the tree..gotta keep up with the eco side of deco)
                      I no longer shift gears - I switch beers. Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by Z06killinsbf View Post
                        Lol @ the globe.
                        Dude, you have no idea. Kids will stare at that thing the entire time their parents car is being worked on. I don't know why but they do and always say things like "I didn't know Germany was there or China is there" etc etc.
                        It was just something that was in storage at the old shop, got set on the counter and ignored until I saw the kids always run over to it.
                        I've had that globe forever but never intended it to be left out until I had seen how kids react to it. I have packaged hotwheels and tiny grenades on the same counter and the kids choose the globe.
                        Let the kids learn something, we all know school ain't teaching them shit. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
                          whats an office without a world globe and a fake plant! shiiiit
                          Had two of them fake plants. One made a run for it during the move, never did find it.

The office even has scented plug ins. Combine all that with the lounge couches I have and it makes the office very comfortable to customers. So many times I will complete a car and go to my office to see the customer dead asleep on the chair or couch and the kids sitting on the floor with the globe just spinning it and playing some "game" where they stop it and name something I don't undertand. LOL

I want my customers to feel like they have a place they can trust and be comfortable at. That's why I take time to show them how the part works and how it failed so they understand the charges. My parts are always 10% over cost, rates are best in town and I usually correct something another shop did wrong and not charge the customer again and show pictures of what the other shop did wrong. That has earned me some great customers that send me people like crazy. That has even earned me 3 commercial accounts at the new shop.

And just to expand on about the free corrections of others errors. Its not the big stuff but if it takes me under 10 minutes to correct someone elses mistake I will throw it in. Like when Jessie Britts put 4 plug wires in the wrong spot and must have stabbed the dizzy for some reason then never set the CMP (was at -33*). Poor dude hadn't driven the truck for 3 months because it couldn't run after JBs "fixed" it. I swapped the wires, stabbed the dizzy, set the CMP to 0* and what do ya know, the truck runs excellent. Or when "The Shop" ran a new pigtail to a MAP sensor and paid no attention to what wire went where. Quick snip, re-soldier, heat shrink and the car ran right. I was under the hood doing a tune-up and just happened to notice it. Took me 5 minutes so I didn't charge.
                          Customers remember these kind of things and come back again and again.

Now I do charge to fix bigger items like when Dunn over tightened a 350 Vortech plenum after "checking" the spider injection (deemed fine) and cracked it in several spots. That time I had to tell the customer they need to buy a new plenum AND that the spider injection they were informed was ok was in fact not ok due to blown FPR that allowed fuel to puddle in the intake and allowed one injection tube to catch fire and partially melt.
                          That repair takes time so its normal charge.

But that's why I got into this venture. So sick of people getting taken advantage of by shady mechanics or ones that just do not know what they are doing. I don't know it all, that's why I spend $200 a month for software that does and use it all the time to make sure its done right. But when I see a simple fix another shop messed up and I am already working on another part I will usually go ahead and throw in the fix.

I wont get rich this way but so what. I make a decent living and when I see my customers in public they always come over smiling and treat me like I am a friend. Now that, to me, is worth way more than charging a few extra bucks for the little things.

Comment

You just wrote 600 words explaining why you have a fake plant (with a bit of a tangent).
                            Originally posted by lincolnboy
                            After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
                              You just wrote 600 words explaining why you have a fake plant (with a bit of a tangent).

Chili hacked his account.

Comment

Working...
                              X