X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Salton Sea

Comment

It's a crazy story.

When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Discover the latest breaking news in the U.S. and around the world — politics, weather, entertainment, lifestyle, finance, sports and much more.

Comment

You learn something new everyday.
          Wanna see my care face???

Comment

That place looks dangerous, toxic, and TOTALLY AWESOME. I want to go.

Comment

When I lived down in San Diego I was looking forward to heading over to the Salton Sea to do some wakeboarding, until I found this out of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                When I lived down in San Diego I was looking forward to heading over to the Salton Sea to do some wakeboarding, until I found this out of course.
                Sounds safe...

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                  Sounds safe...
                  It's completely not. This was me looking at a big body of water on google maps that was close enough for a weekend getaway. Go figure that I would end up even closer to Lake Tahoe, which is still quite inhabitable.

Comment

It's completely not. This was me looking at a big body of water on google maps that was close enough for a weekend getaway. Go figure that I would end up even closer to Lake Tahoe, which is still quite inhabitable.
                    Not only is Lake Tahoe inhabitable, it's the clearest (and coldest, mind you) water that I've ever been in!

Comment

haha I was being facetious Aaron.

Comment

Originally posted by Ratt View Post
                        Not only is Lake Tahoe inhabitable, it's the clearest (and coldest, mind you) water that I've ever been in!
                        Brought my wetsuit with me from Texas. We actually do most of our lake fun up on Lake Oroville, not quite as pretty as Tahoe, but much more scenic than the north TX lakes that I cut my teeth in, and it's warm.

Comment

Brought my wetsuit with me from Texas. We actually do most of our lake fun up on Lake Oroville, not quite as pretty as Tahoe, but much more scenic than the north TX lakes that I cut my teeth in, and it's warm.
                          And less popular, so triple win!

Comment

I remember going near there when I rode with a friend delivering aircraft parts to So Cal. I told him I wanted to go there one day. He said don't bother, it stinks like dead fish.

My friend took me to a 'massage parlor' instead then paid for my visit.

That was in August of 1977, the week Elvis died (the other Elvis).

Comment

Never heard of it. I love finding out about these kinds of places. I have a strange fascination with old ghost town type places mainly from the 50s and 60s.

XBL Tag = veight7

Comment

Working...
                              X