Operation Christmas drop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Operation Christmas drop

This is the mission they have all been preparing for. For the past 60 years, U.S. Airmen have participated in Operation Christmas Drop, a humanitarian mission to deliver gifts to the Pacific island of Micronesia, including much needed food, water, tools and clothing as well as toys for the children.

Using the most advanced military technology in the world, these Airmen not only deliver supplies that are necessary for survival. They deliver hope to villagers whose community has been ravaged by poverty and natural disasters.

This year, the U.S. Air Force dropped over 4,800 pounds of food and water to Kayangel Island which was devastated by a typhoon in November. And they aren’t done yet. By Christmas, they will have dropped over 40,000 pounds of gifts over Micronesia.

These American heroes show what can be accomplished when we come together and fully embrace the true spirit of Christmas.

very cool indeed.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

That is AWESOME!
      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
        very cool indeed.
        I know. A gif of American Graffiti is freaking awesome.

Comment

I wonder how many pallets burn in or land on huts.

Nonetheless, that is cool we do this for them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
          Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
            I wonder how many pallets burn in or land on huts.

Nonetheless, that is cool we do this for them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
            Looks like they did drops over empty areas. Some of the drops looked like the pallet would land in the water.

An elderly man was picking up objects off the beach and tossing them out into the sea. A young man approached and saw that the objects were starfish. He asked, "Why in the world are you throwing starfish into the water?"
            "If the starfish are still on the beach when the tide goes out and the sun rises high in the sky, they will die," replied the elderly man.
            The young man countered, "That is ridiculous. There are thousands of miles of beach and millions of starfish. You can't really believe that what you're doing could possibly make a difference!"
            The wise old man picked up another starfish, paused thoughtfully, and as he threw it to the safety of the sea, he said, "I made a difference for that one."
            "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Working...
            X