ya I'm a nerd.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ya I'm a nerd.

Probably going to get flamed on this, but I've always been obsessed with movie special effects, and such, mostly miniatures. My favorite show as a kid was Movie magic. I made stop motion videos and blew shit up just to watch it in slow motion later.
    Well I never grew up so here's a 1:24th scale house burning to the ground!

Looks like a fairly accurate burn!

Comment

Originally posted by 76 Maverick View Post
      Looks like a fairly accurate burn!
      I wanted the house to become more fully involved before the structure began to fail. Next one will be better.

Comment

Pretty cool, I like how that one far room looks like it starts to flash at the 1:58 mark.
        "You don't so much drive it, more like poke it with a sharp stick and channel the fury when you piss it off."

FFL & LTC Instructor
        http://firstresponsefirearms.com/
        Factory Five MK4 Cobra
        Build thread-http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17889
        http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/l571/BlitzAttack65/
        www.wix.com/cdurhamwot/blitzattack-mk4-build
        sigpic

Comment

You are creative for sure. Just looking at all the stuff you have posted over the years I think it's ok to tag you with that title. We just need to get you into guns now and get you over to the armory section. You could build some killer aerial targets for us to shoot at.

Comment

Shit man join the club. I am a big kid at heart. Nothing wrong with that. More powa to ya!

Comment

Originally posted by inline 6 View Post
              You are creative for sure. Just looking at all the stuff you have posted over the years I think it's ok to tag you with that title. We just need to get you into guns now and get you over to the armory section. You could build some killer aerial targets for us to shoot at.
              I'm more than willing to build aerial targets. And more than happy to fly them while they are being shot at!!!!
              I was trying to set this up with some friends of mine last year, even built and test flew the plane. But they never came through.
              I can build a target plane for roughly $70 each. If people wnt this to happen, I'll take donations and get it going. I can build a 70mph highly maneuverable target plane, or 10 as long as I'm not spending my money alone.
              I might even be able to get the cost down a little more if I get creative.

Comment

Originally posted by Tannerm View Post
                Shit man join the club. I am a big kid at heart. Nothing wrong with that. More powa to ya!
                Hah me too. Seems I spend all my free time building and painting warhammer models for my son these days.
                Jon

Comment

the music choice is exquisite.

god bless.
                  It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Nice, I used to put firecrackers in my plastic models and film them with a (at the time) super 8 movie camera. Some stop motion animation, rollover, then BOOM!

Comment

When I was about 11 or 12 I played with fire more than I should have been allowed. Outdoors though and I was careful. My Mom didn't know and my Dad was at work. I still have some old Polaroids somewhere of battle scenes I set up with GI Joe. I would suspend planes from trees with fishing line. I'd use sparklers or just paper and take pics of the "battle". I remember one where this Cobra soldier is on his knees facing the camera and there is fire erupting behind him with a plane flight over dropping bombs. I think I can dig up that picture somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
                        I wanted the house to become more fully involved before the structure began to fail. Next one will be better.
                        Look forward to the next one.

Comment

Originally posted by Tannerm View Post
                          ^^^^^ what he said!

Comment

4, since you like special effects, have you seen this clip??

Check out this fantastic VFX Showreel for the feature film "Stalingrad" created by the talented folks over at Main Road/Post! Main Road/Post is a top visual...
                            Natural law. Sons are put on this earth to trouble their fathers.

Comment

Originally posted by 68RR View Post
                              4, since you like special effects, have you seen this clip??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwzwx...ature=youtu.be
                              I'm more of a no CG Melvin. I hate when you're watching a film and the CG is so obvious that it sucks you out of the story.

The end of Air Force One comes to mind. That plane looked straight out of Microsoft flight sim 2000!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X