Tire explodes while filling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tire explodes while filling

Had one explode on me when I worked at Discount Tire, heard something like popcorn popping and turned/dove away as soon as I heard it. It was a dually tire with around 60psi of air, damn thing came out of the clamps and still went up around 15 feet. From what I heard Discount Tire changed their policy that whenever you are putting air in a tire it has to be in a cage. Some kid had a setup explode in his face and badly injured or killed him.

Comment

Damn.

I've seen video of a guy doing a split rim job and the thing exploded and cut him up.

Comment

Similar happened to my uncle and broke almost every bone in his hand.
        "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

I had one blow up on me at Discount tire. it was loose and luckily I had it standing upright and it blew on the side facing me and just jumped down and away from me...

I never aired up another one loose. I always left them clamped in and stood back a couple feet.
          http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

He is a retard for not using a cage to air up a truck tire like that. That's not that uncommon for semi truck tires.
            sigpic

Comment

He is definitely lucky to be alive...

The Army always made us use a cage when airing up tires. Fortunately we never needed the cage to save someone.

Comment

I will see if I can find the photos the Air Force used to show of the guy that was cut in half by an exploding aircraft tire.
                I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Along time ago in a state far away I busted tires at a truck stop.
                  This is EXACTLY why a truck tire should always be in a cage. Always.
                  Split rings were even more unpredictable.

Comment

I was talking to a customer at their car 2 weeks ago about replacing a tire and as I walked by 1 blew up next to me.

Comment

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
                      I will see if I can find the photos the Air Force used to show of the guy that was cut in half by an exploding aircraft tire.
                      I think I know the picture you're talking about. We used one from the AF in our tire safety training. The guy was inflating the tire straight off of the nitrogen bottle, and ended up stuffed under a nearby power cart after the tire exploded.
                      "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Holy Shit! I always think about that when I am airing up dry rotted tires
                        GOD BLESS TEXAS
                        August Landscaping
                        214-779-7278
                        Seb's high class.
                        He'll mow your grass.
                        He'll kick your ass.
                        And while his kidney stones pass,
                        He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

As already mentioned, there's a reason inflation cages were invented.. Moron...

Comment

Originally posted by helosailor View Post
                            I think I know the picture you're talking about. We used one from the AF in our tire safety training. The guy was inflating the tire straight off of the nitrogen bottle, and ended up stuffed under a nearby power cart after the tire exploded.
                            That's the one.
                            I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Buddy in high school was killed when the tire he was working on that had come off a 70s motor home blew on him..

Comment

Working...
                              X