Jeep truck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CRASH View Post
    That's bad ass too, but with a family, I would really have to have the 4 door version.
    Unfortunately I doubt I could make a TJ version livable even without kids.

Comment

Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post

/Thread
      I dig this one!

Comment

Originally posted by aggie97 View Post
        I dig this one!
        Everyone wants crazy money for a 91+ truck. It seems I can't find a example for less than 5-6 grand. That truck in the photo sold for almost 20 grand.

Comment

Everyone wants crazy money for a 91+ truck. It seems I can't find a example for less than 5-6 grand. That truck in the photo sold for almost 20 grand.
          There is one on ebay for like $1500.

Comment

I've been wheeling and drove a brute for quite some time. It is very cramped and I would not recommend one.
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

My dad had one of those 91 trucks. it was a little truck for a family but it was still cool. Wish he still had that thing. he couldn't get the damn thing to idle right. Even the dealership wouldn't get it right.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                I've been wheeling and drove a brute for quite some time. It is very cramped and I would not recommend one.
                One of you is like two and a half of me.

Comment

One of you is like two and a half of me.
                  you can't have the seat much further past vertical, and only like a few clicks back. It's terrible.
                  "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                  "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

you can't have the seat much further past vertical, and only like a few clicks back. It's terrible.
                    Sliding seat rails? If so I imagine it wouldn't be awful for someone with shorter legs. Shit, I thought that little white Jeep I had had enough interior room, I remember you in it. You seemed a bit .... cramped.

Comment

Sliding seat rails? If so I imagine it wouldn't be awful for someone with shorter legs. Shit, I thought that little white Jeep I had had enough interior room, I remember you in it. You seemed a bit .... cramped.
                      In a TJ I'm fine with the seat all the way back. I cut and welded my rails back another few inches so my knees didn't smash into the dash when I was wheeling. But on the brute I was in, the seat was much closer, and it was against the hardtop, you couldn't do much about it. Add in a cage, and you have even less room.

Comment

Gross, I guess I will continue to fantasize about it. If I were to buy another Jeep it would be another XJ, I just cant ignore the functionality you get.

Comment

Gross, I guess I will continue to fantasize about it. If I were to buy another Jeep it would be another XJ, I just cant ignore the functionality you get.
                          XJ's are cheap, that's pretty much what they have going for them. If you were going to make an LJ into a truck, I would just suggest you don't cut so much material off when you're glassing your hardtop. Easy fix.

Comment

XJ's are cheap, that's pretty much what they have going for them. If you were going to make an LJ into a truck, I would just suggest you don't cut so much material off when you're glassing your hardtop. Easy fix.
                            For a broke mother fucker like myself, that is perfect.

The thing that keeps me from seriously considering a LJ is cost. I just cant get past that $15k price. I would have to make it my primary daily to even consider, then the gas mileage just wouldn't justify it. I toyed around with the idea of selling my Tacoma and buying a nice Comanche and some sort of late model econo box. Honestly though, I think the XJ fits my needs much more closely than any other option other than selling the Tacoma and buying a 4X4 version.

I think something like this with lowish mileage is in my future. Minus the roof rack ... Hate those things.

Comment

Working...
                            X