Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No way it cost the dealership .25 million to replace those

Comment

39 sets equaled 250k and 51 sets was valued @100k. Somebody trying to hose the insurance .

Comment

Originally posted by TeeShock View Post
        No way it cost the dealership .25 million to replace those
        Can a vehicle still be sold as new if it has had the wheels stolen off it? How much of a 'diminished value' does having a set of $5000 wheels stolen off it? That surely would show up on a Carfax as being in a theft and having an insurance claim filed.

Stevo
        Originally posted by SSMAN
        ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Originally posted by stevo View Post
          Can a vehicle still be sold as new if it has had the wheels stolen off it? How much of a 'diminished value' does having a set of $5000 wheels stolen off it? That surely would show up on a Carfax as being in a theft and having an insurance claim filed.

Stevo
          I am not sure the claim would work like an individual claim in this instance. I would assume it would fall undr general liability/theft insurance for the business.

As for still being sold as new, I would think as long as there was no damage to the vehicle it wouldn't be an issue. Much like buying a truck that the dealer has customized with wheels and a lift.
          Originally posted by Leah
          Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Well guys hope you guys have had a Merry Christmas, I received a phone call this morning that they had located my truck and was at a Dallas pound. According to the detective it was completely "stripped". So I guess ill see what it looks like tomorrow.

Comment

Oh man that sucks, sorry for the loss
              "Yeeeeehhhhhaaaaawwwww that's my jam"

Comment

Been there, done that, sorry to hear man.

Comment

Man that sux. But, can I park my truck in your driveway??!! I would do backflips if my shit got jacked!!

Comment

Sorry to hear that man.

Comment

Originally posted by inline 6 View Post
                      I just installed a remote start that works on my phone that also gives gps location on my phone. I wanted it to warm up my vehicle when I was out of key fob range at work or wherever else. The gps tracking was just a bonus.
                      More info?

Comment

here she sits.... interior is complete except cluster. Damn thing only had 80,XXX

now to see what the insurance is going to pay me....

Comment

Buy it back and rebuild it.

Comment

Interesting, usually they take the doors, interior seats and rear bumper too. Not really that surprised that they didn't take the motor/trans out since they needed to drive and dump it.
                            Originally posted by Silverback
                            Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Chopped54 View Post
                              More info?
                              Viper smart start dsm250. Combine that module with a dball and the proper t harness and it is the easiest install you have ever done. Took me longer to find where I wanted to place the modules than to actually have it setup, plugged in, and working. It had a bad reputation when it first came out but I am hearing that they have upgraded their network or whatever and it has been getting much better reviews. It works flawlessly for me, it added factory remote start from my keyfob by hitting lock 3 times within 4 seconds, and allows me to start, lock, or unlock my vehicle from anywhere in the world as long as the vehicle is sitting somewhere inside of cell reception. Not to mention it will send me a txt if the alarm is triggered. I can set geo fense, get txt alerts on just about anything that happens to the vehicle, and so much more. Yes there is a yearly fee associated with the service though.

Comment

Doesn't need that much to put it back together.

Comment

Working...
                                X