Way to escalate!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Way to escalate!

From what I can tell, an ignorant law which forces a citizen to choose, on the spot, to pay a fine or go to court (within 30 days for either) ends up with an attack and then shooting. I believe that the cop was super patient, but damn, what a stupid law.

Sorry if its a repost.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYTqPJvW18s[/ame]
    Last edited by Venix; 12-14-2013, 12:51 AM.

Video says unavailable

Comment

Sorry!

Comment

Fuck yes it's a repost.

It sounds like signing the ticket is an admission of guilt in that state, but without reading the law, I can't tell. If it is, then that's some bullshit. Either way, all parties involved are idiots, and FUCK New Mexico.
        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Well I guess they showed her who is boss.
          Originally posted by racrguy
          What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
          Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Can't stand bitches like that. You are not special lady. And good hood training for the chidrins

Comment

Didn't think that thing would get up to 100mph

Comment

Officer Fatfuck could easily see there were other occupants in the car, but decided to shoot anyway, at a fleeing vehicle, driving away from them...
                I reckon fat cops have that only defense, either run people over or shoot them. Too lazy to deal with the situation at hand.

Comment

Yes, it's a repost, but I think the other one was a shorter video. The law is dumb, it puts officers in potential danger, and that lady is an idiot that is raising idiot offspring.

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                    Officer Fatfuck could easily see there were other occupants in the car, but decided to shoot anyway, at a fleeing vehicle, driving away from them...
                    I reckon fat cops have that only defense, either run people over or shoot them. Too lazy to deal with the situation at hand.
                    I thought he was shooting at the occupants the first time I watched it. If you listen to the radio traffic at the end he is talking about trying to shoot out a tire. Still not a good decision but better then him trying to shoot at the driver.

As far as the citation goes they are just giving you another option. I have heard of this for certain DPS departments and out of state vehicles. Just giving them the option to pay the fine on site. Not sure a out of state citation would even show up on your Texas history or penalize you. Just pay the fine and be done. Otherwise it is no different then in Texas. Signing the citation is just a promise to appear before the judge. No sign equals a trip to see the judge, whenever he comes in that day of course.
                    Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                      I thought he was shooting at the occupants the first time I watched it. If you listen to the radio traffic at the end he is talking about trying to shoot out a tire. Still not a good decision but better then him trying to shoot at the driver.

As far as the citation goes they are just giving you another option. I have heard of this for certain DPS departments and out of state vehicles. Just giving them the option to pay the fine on site. Not sure a out of state citation would even show up on your Texas history or penalize you. Just pay the fine and be done. Otherwise it is no different then in Texas. Signing the citation is just a promise to appear before the judge. No sign equals a trip to see the judge, whenever he comes in that day of course.
                      In Texas. It sounds like what he's saying is, you can plead guilty on the spot, and you have 30 days to mail in a payment, or you can go to jail.

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                        In Texas. It sounds like what he's saying is, you can plead guilty on the spot, and you have 30 days to mail in a payment, or you can go to jail.
                        The way I understood him is that you can:
                        Plead guilty on the spot and pay the fine within 30days
                        Ask for trial where you promise to appear within 30 days, once this option is selected you cannot just pay the fine
                        Refuse to do anything and go to jail until the judge decides to show up

What he did not say is that you can ask for a trial and then decide to just pay the fine. Which is the crucial part of all of this and a roundabout way of pressuring people (especially people from out of state) to plead guilty on the side of the road and agree to pay the fine. This country is in a pretty sad state when law enforcement has to try to con people out of money on the side of the road.
                        What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                        Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                          The way I understood him is that you can:
                          Plead guilty on the spot and pay the fine within 30days
                          Ask for trial where you promise to appear within 30 days, once this option is selected you cannot just pay the fine
                          Refuse to do anything and go to jail until the judge decides to show up

What he did not say is that you can ask for a trial and then decide to just pay the fine. Which is the crucial part of all of this and a roundabout way of pressuring people (especially people from out of state) to plead guilty on the side of the road and agree to pay the fine. This country is in a pretty sad state when law enforcement has to try to con people out of money on the side of the road.
                          Ok, that makes more sense. It just seemed really high-pressure.

Comment

That woman is not smart enough to have kids! How stupid can you be, just sign the damn thing and be on your way. He let her go on the suspended license. Now her and her dumb ass kid are going to jail.

Comment

I think the cops just wanted the sky-blue that was packed on top of the van.
                              Jay Johnson
                              Car hauler for hire

Comment

Working...
                              X