• Show
Clear All

• 1992 hot rod magazine street car shootout

repost?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NjGhMEZD7c[/ame]

I love it.
    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

I remember reading about those cars in Hot Rod magazine in 1992. Makes me feel old! I did read a couple years ago that Stan Shaw(red 57 Chevy) was killed in a motorcycle wreck.

Comment

I think Grebek died in a car crash if I remember also. 1992 doesnt seem that far away for me, but damn..........

Comment

Now that's racing. Not this modern, drown in your tears, fakeass street outlaw bullshit you see on TV.

Comment

Seriously, who could forget this shit?

When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Reminds me of Forest Lane back in the mid '70's, or "grudge night" at Green Valley. It's what I grew up on. Right or wrong, it was a great time to be a car guy. "3/4 race cam, headers, and 4.11's" were everywhere. Hell, nobody was running in the 11's or even 12's back then, but we all thought we were fast. LOL! The older we get, the better we were!

Comment

Originally posted by Shaggin Wagon View Post
                I think Grebek died in a car crash if I remember also. 1992 doesnt seem that far away for me, but damn..........
                Yes...sucks....

70' Chevelle RagTop
                (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

We also lost Jason (Racin Jason) Betwarda of the 80's & 90's fox Mustang turbo era. I saw earlier this year where his old ragtop (first fox ever in the 7's) was pulled out of some storage somewhere and put on the market....

It appears that Racin' Jason Betwarda's iconic Fox Body Mustang convertible is for sale as a rolling chassis. This car was one of the pioneering machines in late-model Mustang racing back in the early 1990's.

Personally I always thought it was an ugly assed car, but no doubt an important piece of foxbody history.
                  70' Chevelle RagTop

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Man those racing days were awesome. Greg Adlers GTO, Bruce Kimmens Camaro, Tony Christian and Pat Musi. Those were some badass cars back then.

Comment

Back in the mid-90's I went to Memphis several years in a row for the old NMCA fastest street car shoot out....back when Super Street was cooler to watch than Pro Street....31x10.5's and no wheelie bars allowed. Spiro Pappas, Nick Scavo, Todd Moyer, Bob Johnson (Bubba Gump Racing)...in those days the SS class was still running low 8's...Chuck Samuel being the first one to start breaking into the very high 7's.

Pro Street always came down to Christian vs. Musi...at least until Mike Moran came onto the seen. But also Gene Deputy with his crazy fuel injection sticking out of the hood, Rod Saboury, Hurley Blakeney, etc, etc.

I still say those were some of the best days of racing that I've been present for.
                      70' Chevelle RagTop

Comment

Man, some of those names came back to me reading your post. Nick Scavo's Impala and Camaro of I remember correctly was some nice cars. Spiro Pappas went import.

Comment

Originally posted by redrocket5.0 View Post
                          Man those racing days were awesome. Greg Adlers GTO, Bruce Kimmens Camaro, Tony Christian and Pat Musi. Those were some badass cars back then.

Don't forget Rick Deyer, Danny Scott, Carl Selmon,

Little bit of trivia.. Bob Tilford Created the Texas King of the Hill Outlaw Backhalf from the NMCA Prostreet series after we came back form Memphis back in the day.
                          Smokin some Ribs at Premier Grilling..

Comment

Originally posted by The Hankman View Post
                            Don't forget Rick Deyer, Danny Scott, Carl Selmon,

Little bit of trivia.. Liar-Bob Created the Texas King of the Hill Outlaw Backhalf from the NMCA Prostreet series after we came back form Memphis back in the day.
                            Fixed LOL!!
                            70' Chevelle RagTop

Comment

Working...
                            X