2015 Mustang. Real pictures.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FATHERFORD View Post
    I remember patents floating around for a direct injected 5.0. Don't the current heads even have bosses for it?
    That's what people thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
      EcoBoost is more than turbocharging. It is direct injection as well. Something the Coyote doesn't have. Back in 2011, I heard a Ford Engineer say that they couldn't do it with the 5.0 but he didn't offer any reasons.
      Actually, not correct. If you review the link Danny posted back several months ago, that was one of the development parameters, but the other upgrades to the Coyote accomplished the same things without the added cost of DI. I expect it to happen in 2-3 years.
      sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
      17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
      13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
      86 SVO - Sold
      '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
      01 TJ - new toy - Sold
      65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by matts5.0 View Post
        Too bad it's just a rendering, but it looks awesome anyways.

Comment

Overall I like it....it's finally getting some of the needed changes to stay competitive in today's market.

...and get those stupid fucking louvers off of the quarter glasses on that Shelby concept above, yuck! Why do they always have to do that?!
          Last edited by Rreemo; 12-09-2013, 07:26 PM.
          70' Chevelle RagTop
          (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

can I get mine with an ecoboost all aluminum 4v 6.2 stroked to 7.0? thanks
            1971 Ford Torino - Time to go bigger and better.

2011 F150 Limited - Stock with a 6.2

Comment

After a few days, I'm liking it more and more.

Comment

ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

^^^ don't know why but when I first saw the pic of the white one above thought it was a GTR.

Comment

It's gonna have to be a really close difference in cost for me to go with a 5.0 GT over that Ecoboost 2.3. Love me some Turbo 4 bangers!

Comment

In the 80's the SVO was more expensive than the 5.0. A lot of people attribute its price to why it didn't catch on. 4 pot turbos were wizardry compared to cubic inches, so people would naturally choose the cheaper and more trusted option.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                        In the 80's the SVO was more expensive than the 5.0. A lot of people attribute its price to why it didn't catch on. 4 pot turbos were wizardry compared to cubic inches, so people would naturally choose the cheaper and more trusted option.
                        It's too bad they wont put the v6 eco in it.
                        ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post

Comment

Working...
                          X