New Polaris airless tires.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Polaris airless tires.

I know the tires have been posted before but its neat to see them in a commercial civilian use. I keep thinking about normal car usage and wonder what effects they would have? Like would they grow at highway speeds and can they flex enough for drag race applications and are they stiff enough for other racing applications...... if they ever make them that is.

Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

I don't see those doing well with mud.

Comment

Good point. Would get packed up and be like driving on round rocks in short order.
      Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

Also those holes would cause a lot of drag in strip and autocross applications I would think. Cool non the less..

Comment

I bet they'd be tough for anything on the road from an NVH standpoint. Michelin offers what it calls a, "tweel," but they only offer it for skid-steer loaders, if that's an indication of their performance. It seems like this was being kicked around about 12 years ago, but it's interesting nonetheless.
          ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

I think the Army tried doing this with HMMWVs years ago. Not new but by any means cause I remember reading articles on airless tires when I was still in Jr High or early High School but this is the first it's making it's way in the civilian market for sure.
            2004 Suzuki DL650
            1996 Hy-Tek Hurricane 103

Comment

Saw some of those on a tractor awhile back. Look cool from the side

Comment

Originally posted by Downs View Post
                I think the Army tried doing this with HMMWVs years ago. Not new but by any means cause I remember reading articles on airless tires when I was still in Jr High or early High School but this is the first it's making it's way in the civilian market for sure.
                Yep, been around a while. I think I remember reading production models would have sidewalls. Feel bad for whoever mounts them.

Comment

cool idea, but it needs a sidewall so things do not get inside.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
                    cool idea, but it needs a sidewall so things do not get inside.
                    Like a mud lubricated Redneck penis.

Comment

will revolutionize demo derbys from now on.
                      pinto gt with wood trim

Comment

Like said above been used in the construction industry for some time. Very few people use them in the construction side due to cost, weight (very heavy in comparison), and ride quality. They never seemed to last as long and was harder on the equipment.

Comment

We have them on a Bobcat and mud, rocks, etc is an issue.

Comment

Comment

I'm sure it will have applications.

you know those pics where people drive a until the brake rotor is showing fins? I'm sure someone will drive these until it's a paddle wheel.
                              Ronald Reagan:"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."

Homer: "Bart...there's 2 things I know about women. Never give them nicknames like "jumbo" or "boxcar" and always keep receipts...it makes you look like a business man."

Comment

Working...
                              X