Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This did not look fun.

FF to 2:55

Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Meh. Mine was worse. Left hand was under the roof as it skidding across on it. Had to fight the G's with my right arm and reach over and pull my left forearm back into the car. Luckily it was cold enough that night that I was wearing gloves and only ended up with a minor abrasion on my pinky and no broken bones in the hand. It is pretty odd being upside down watching grass go by your head in a blur. Edit: on the bright side I landed on the "wheels."

Comment

Had a rich friend get a new '89 GT for his birthday while in college. He was on a desolate 2-lane road with a friend well over 100mph when he decided it would be a good idea to swerve back and forth to show his friend just how stable the car was.
      Going back and looking at the skid marks it would appear he stayed on the road for several hundred feet before skidding off, into a ditch, out of the ditch, going airborne, car barrel rolling while in the air, landing on the drivers a-piller and rolling several more times before coming to rest right side up. They both got out and walked to the nearest farm house. Neither had a scratch on them. Police cited him for excessive speeding. For the next week he hobbled around campus like a 90 year old, and we all gave him the rash of shit he deserved. His friend that was with him that day was no longer his friend. Parents didn't' get him another car either.
      Speed kills your wallet and friendships.

Comment

Cage did it's job
        Originally posted by Da Prez
        Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
        Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

That video is also a good example of what not to do in a caged car. Never ever put your hand around a bar like that. That is a very good way to lose fingers.
          sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
          17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
          13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
          86 SVO - Sold
          '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
          01 TJ - new toy - Sold
          65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Chas_svo View Post
            That video is also a good example of what not to do in a caged car. Never ever put your hand around a bar like that. That is a very good way to lose fingers.
            X2 keep your hands on the wheel. Hold on for the ride.
            Rich

Comment

Originally posted by TexasT View Post
              Ed Zachary...
              sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
              17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
              13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
              86 SVO - Sold
              '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
              01 TJ - new toy - Sold
              65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

What was that he pulled (in the e-brake position) just before he lost it? I'm guessing a chute?

Comment

Chute

Comment

Originally posted by TexasT View Post

Good luck holding on to it. The initial impact will jar your hands right off.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                      Good luck holding on to it. The initial impact will jar your hands right off.
                      Looks like he did a decent job of keeping his right hand on it.. It did jar off briefly, but he got it right back on.

I have seen in car wreck videos (with cages) where once the car lost it the driver just crossed their arms over their chest and rode it out.

Comment

About 8 years ago a friend and I were headed up to the panhandle to go deer hunting. I was the passenger in his Toyota Tacoma. It was about 10:00 pm and we had just left his apartment in Lewisville headed north on 35E, we were hit by a illegal immigrant drunk driver in the passenger rear qtr panel and spun sideways doing 70. We rolled 7-8 times and my instinct was to grab the top of the cab/door with my right hand to try to brace myself. My hand was pretty mangled. Skinned the whole top of my hand and down about 2 inches below my wrist. Didn't break any bones luckily, but couldn't use my hand for a couple weeks.
                        "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Working...
                        X