Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dad arrested for trying to pick up kids.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GT Fanatic View Post
    i would just transfer my kid to another school.
    Depending on the location and jurisdiction you reside, that may not be possible.

Comment

Originally posted by lo3oz View Post
      You don't have to be mirandized when being detained, only upon actual questioning. And if not being questioned, you dont get mirandized at all. ask me how i know.

and did you see roanoke's requirements? a fucking 2.0 over 30hours of college courses? Its obvious you dont need to be a mental giant in any form to be a cop.
      You're correct. I didn't realize there was a need to be in an interrogation.

And you're correct on the 2nd point. I'd venture to say that police would prefer waterheads that will do as told without expectation that independent thought would creep in and fuck up a good old fashioned rights trampling.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post

And you're correct on the 2nd point. I'd venture to say that police would prefer waterheads that will do as told without expectation that independent thought would creep in and fuck up a good old fashioned rights trampling.
        I only know that bc i was arrested, jailed, and released without ever being read my rights. A little research told me why.

I agree with your second point. It's a sad state of affairs, when they want people who say "how high?!" when told to jump, rather than asking why. That said, i've met many good and intelligent cops, but they aren't all like that, by far.

Comment

You don't have to be mirandized when being detained, only upon actual questioning. And if not being questioned, you dont get mirandized at all. ask me how i know.

and did you see roanoke's requirements? a fucking 2.0 over 30hours of college courses? Its obvious you dont need to be a mental giant in any form to be a cop.
          That is just a requirement to apply. The reason departments put that requirement so low is due to the minorities. Just a couple years ago a North Texas Police Department came under fire for their top 10% requirement, stating it was unfair to minorities. Just because 2.0 is a requirement, doesn't mean those people are being hired, most are probably being thrown straight into the trash.

Edit to add something: I can also tell you, as a white male I have to have a great gpa or score high on their test to even be looked at by a department.
          Last edited by Machx2; 11-21-2013, 11:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post

Yea, if an offense takes place in an officers presence, you will never be mirandized by the officer.

Comment

Originally posted by Machx2 View Post
              That is just a requirement to apply. The reason departments put that requirement so low is due to the minorities. Just a couple years ago a North Texas Police Department came under fire for their top 10% requirement, stating it was unfair to minorities. Just because 2.0 is a requirement, doesn't mean those people are being hired, most are probably being thrown straight into the trash.

Edit to add something: I can also tell you, as a white male I have to have a great gpa or score high on their test to even be looked at by a department.

Fair enough, thanks for sharing that!

Comment

1% of all departments require 4yrs. Some don't require one at all.
                2012 GT500

Comment

You don't have the right to see your kid during school hours. They must be indoc...educated!!!!!
                  Originally posted by Buzzo
                  Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo View Post
                    I don't understand the problem. The man came in to pick up his kids. I doesn't matter what time it is, even during school, he should be able to.
                    I know exactly what the problem is, the school made a new policy on how to pick up your kids, which the parents are bitching about. The guy in the video is thinking outside of the box by parking elsewhere and walking to the school. The school doesn't like that and they are using the cop to enforce their rules.

Comment

Im sure there's more to the back story and since the cop knows the guys first name I'm assuming they've dealt with each other before. To me it doesnt matter if there's previous history or not. I think if the parent/legal guardian shows up to the office and wants their children then why would any school or cop prevent them from doing it. If the school really wants to create rules about when and how to pick up your kids then have a dedicated pick up and drop off area for people that are walking. Unless there's some legal issues with the parent I don't think anyone should have the authority to deny you from your kids at any time.

Comment

Seriously? WTF.

He handled that situation much better than most. This is one of the few situations that I will say I hope he sues the shit out of everyone possible. That Barney Fife wannabe needs to be relieved of his job asap.

I would say we should invite him to join the site, but he seems to polite.

Comment

That's strange you can't go in to pick up your kid. At my boys elementary school you have 4 choices. They are walkers, riders, bus riders or parents go in with passes to get them. As for the kids that are walkers some parents meet their kids at the front door and walk home with them, the riders wait till they get called to get in their parents car, and I do the go in with a pass and pick up my kid. Its a good system and eliminates shit like this. Seems like it could be a very easy fix.

I will say that cop was being a dick and I believe arrested him for no good reason.

Comment

Cop was a dick head. Tax payers maybe paying for another cop/security type f'up.
                            Originally posted by MR EDD
                            U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Sue the district, the principal and the idiot with the tin badge and take that money and put the kiddo in a private school.
                              I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

What a fucking dickhead cop.
                                "You don't so much drive it, more like poke it with a sharp stick and channel the fury when you piss it off."

FFL & LTC Instructor
                                http://firstresponsefirearms.com/
                                Factory Five MK4 Cobra
                                Build thread-http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17889
                                http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/l571/BlitzAttack65/
                                www.wix.com/cdurhamwot/blitzattack-mk4-build
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X