Volvo and Van Damne doing the splits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volvo and Van Damne doing the splits

Pretty cool. I miss Van Damne in the movies.

Wait till the end and look at the pavement

Talk about trusting your drivers......
    "You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating Fruit Loops on your front porch"

Comment

I am wondering do the trailers also have some kind of steering capability? Pretty impressive no matter what speed they are going. In a split second they could spread just a few inches too wide if they wander.

Comment

That's what the demo is for

Comment

The fact that they are going backwards makes it all the more impressive..

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
            Probably so if he does fall off he doesn't get run over.

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
              That's the steering assist function they are promoting. Its basically automated at that point. just throttle.

Comment

Badass looking Volvo cabovers.

Y'all see that idiot between em? Kinda looked familiar. Anyway, back to the trucks.

Comment

Maybe it's the frame rate, the resolution, the speed....or a combination, but the lug nuts (on the steer tire closest to the camera near the end) do not appear to be rotating.

Comment

Originally posted by diablo rojo View Post
                    Maybe it's the frame rate, the resolution, the speed....or a combination, but the lug nuts (on the steer tire closest to the camera near the end) do not appear to be rotating.
                    Frame rate

Comment

I alway got the impression from his interviews from way back that he's a douchebag. Never been a fan because of that.

Comment

Pretty cool advertisement, it's getting a lot of press.

Comment

Was supposedly done in one take. I've also heard the rumors he is allegedly a colossal douche, but that still is a badass commercial. Should win a few awards.

Comment

Originally posted by diablo rojo View Post

Yup, happens when the camera sampling rate = angular velocity. The camera is basically taking still shots at the same frequency as the rpm of the helicopter blade, or wheel, or whatever is spinning so it looks like it's standing still.

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                              Was supposedly done in one take. I've also heard the rumors he is allegedly a colossal douche, but that still is a badass commercial. Should win a few awards.
                              I wonder who would win the douche award between him and Steven Seagal?

Comment

Working...
                              X