• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guys can't ride....

Comment

I
      Originally posted by line-em-up View Post
      The fastest I've gone on a bike is 135. It wasn't scary until the wind caught under my helmet and almost yanked me off of there.
      Yea, you gotta stay tucked for sure. 189 was the fastest I could get my liter bike up to on a closed road using a radar gun. It didn't start getting tense until around 180mph. Dumb stuff you do when you are young...

And fwiw on my 189 pass my speedo read 200 so the stock speedo was a little liberal

Comment

Yeah, that's crazy. I saw 140 on my 14 a few weeks ago then I said that's enuff of that crap. Done with all that. I only want to see that at the track from now on.
        2008 550i
        2007 ZX-14
        2007 Lincoln Mark LT
        2006 GSX-R1300 for sale (make offer)
        2002 RC-51 for sale ($1500 needs new tank)
        1995 Terminated SN95

Comment

I did 170 in my old 911 about a week before I sold it....just to say I did. It was about 3pm on a Sunday afternoon headed west on 287 just outside Decatur...where you can see quite a distance ahead. Up to ~150 was no big deal...didn't get into 6th gear until the north side of 100, but that last bit from ~150 on up to 170 started to pucker a little. It was only about 500 rpm from redline in 6th when I finally let out.

Certified speedo's in those cars too...so should have been real close to actual, if not dead-on.
          70' Chevelle RagTop
          (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

How long did it take to get a n/a Porsche to 170? Til Monday morning?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free
            THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Originally posted by Monsoon X View Post
              Yeah, that's crazy. I saw 140 on my 14 a few weeks ago then I said that's enuff of that crap. Done with all that. I only want to see that at the track from now on.
              Yea that was the only and the last time I've gone that speed, and don't really care to again. In a car, maybe on a closed course.

Comment

Originally posted by Rreemo View Post
                I did 170 in my old 911 about a week before I sold it....just to say I did. It was about 3pm on a Sunday afternoon headed west on 287 just outside Decatur...where you can see quite a distance ahead. Up to ~150 was no big deal...didn't get into 6th gear until the north side of 100, but that last bit from ~150 on up to 170 started to pucker a little. It was only about 500 rpm from redline in 6th when I finally let out.

Certified speedo's in those cars too...so should have been real close to actual, if not dead-on.
                Man was it very bumpy? I did 120 in a pro touring 55 chevy on a concrete surface just like there on 287 and it wasn't smooth.

Comment

I'll try it again in a few years when they start making personal force field generators. LOL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  2008 550i
                  2007 ZX-14
                  2007 Lincoln Mark LT
                  2006 GSX-R1300 for sale (make offer)
                  2002 RC-51 for sale ($1500 needs new tank)
                  1995 Terminated SN95

Comment

Originally posted by naynay View Post
                    How long did it take to get a n/a Porsche to 170? Til Monday morning?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free
                    Well, apparently you've never driven one....don't knock what you've never had (or can't afford!)

Seriously tho...320hp 2906 lbs, fairly aerodynamic, and geared very well first thru fifth....it would get up to 120-130 a lot quicker than you'd probably guess...6th gear I'll admit didn't pull nearly as hard, but still not bad...probably geared just so that the Crouts could claim 178 top speed.

Originally posted by SMKR View Post
                    Man was it very bumpy? I did 120 in a pro touring 55 chevy on a concrete surface just like there on 287 and it wasn't smooth.
                    I honestly didn't notice the bumps so much as just the insane noise...both road and wind noise. That car had some fixed rate H&R's and 35-series tires, so you could definitely feel the bumps, but up over 100 or so just didn't notice it nearly as much....for whatever reason.
                    70' Chevelle RagTop

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

I was just hating. A Porsche n/a or not is where I've set my bar for measuring my success. That was a nice ride.

Sent from my HTC first using Tapatalk
                      THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Originally posted by naynay View Post
                        I was just hating. A Porsche n/a or not is where I've set my bar for measuring my success. That was a nice ride.

Nah, you were trolling man....I see ya...I know, I know.

...it's a bigger cut to hate on the fact it was a non-air cooled version. Even tho I liked it a lot....next one won't need any coolant....but hopefully will need a boost gauge!
                        70' Chevelle RagTop

Comment

A 95 993 would be the best. Obd1!

THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Working...
                          X