Need more of this around Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SMKR View Post
    You must never have driven Ozona to El Paso.
    No shit. Isn't the limit out there 80? Been awhile.

If I'm on the freeway for a long trip I'm running 90-105 depending on traffic and road conditions.

Comment

It needs to be 185

Comment

Originally posted by chevyboy523 View Post
        It needs to be 185
        Now you're just being stu...

Wait, never mind.

I'm typically averaging 95mph when running I-20 to and from DFW. That 328xi feels awesome!! Adjust the seat to where it almost feels like I'm at full rest and barely touching the steering wheel... Superb. Get a wingman or three involved in the 160 mile trip and I can make some excellent time.

Comment

I usually don't go much faster than 70. When I went to Abilene, I think it is 80 or 75mph. But I was going about 80 to 85mph. It killed my mpg on my focus. It likes the 65mph.

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzo View Post
            I hit a hog about that size doing 80 in an f250. Cut his ass in half. Fucked up the bumper and caused a radiator leak and that's it
            Bad ass

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
              just how much difference do you see at 85 vs. 80?
              It can make a couple mpg difference. On my car at least it can. Add that on top of the difference from 70 to 80 and it adds up.
              Originally posted by MR EDD
              U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

I typically run 60-65 in a 70 running back in forth to work in my cummins. On my bikes I'll cruise an easy 85-100 with out issue (94 R1100RS and 98 Gsxr 750). Took my Cummins to Cottonwood, AZ pulling my little 6.5x10 trailer with both street bikes behind it. Ran anywhere from 70-100ish for 2000 miles round trip. I made the last 500 miles back keeping a pretty steady 65-75 range just to see what kinda highway mpg's I can get. Saw anywhere from 14.2-16.7 mpg throughout the whole trip.

While I find myself cruising under the speed limit generally just running around to work and such, I have a "hurry and get the hell there" mentality if I'm headed on a trip. I wouldn't have minded seeing an 85 mph speed limit on the open stretches of I40 just to ease my mind on the law.

Road down to Luchenback a couple weeks ago for the Harvest Classic bike event. 85-100 was the norm for all the open stretches. Only saw a couple law dogs mostly in the city limit areas. I did pass a County guy while cruising @ 85, I rolled off the throttle a little and looked for tail lights as I passed. He never skipped a beat so back on the throttle I went.

Comment

I would like to see that around here. I have a few cars that I wouldn't want to do that speed in, but my Formula would be running about 2000rpm in 6th gear.

Comment

Too many people in can't drive worth a damn now. Higher speed limit will just cause it to get worse.

I'm one of those people normally going 5 under around town, but I keep my ass in the right lane. I'll get where I'm going when I get there. Get cut off or pulled out in front of too often already. On the highway I do the speed limit or 5-10 over.
                    07 f250-family truckster
                    08 Denali -baby hauler
                    52 f1-rust bucket
                    05 Jeep tj. Buggy
                    livin the double-wide dream

Comment

I would have no problem cruising 85-90mph in my 3/4 ton on long straight highways.
                      "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Comment

Originally posted by whitetrash View Post
                        Too many people in can't drive worth a damn now. Higher speed limit will just cause it to get worse.

I'm one of those people normally going 5 under around town, but I keep my ass in the right lane. I'll get where I'm going when I get there. Get cut off or pulled out in front of too often already. On the highway I do the speed limit or 5-10 over.

Comment

Originally posted by Snatch Napkin View Post
                          Now you're just being stu...

Wait, never mind.

I'm typically averaging 95mph when running I-20 to and from DFW. That 328xi feels awesome!! Adjust the seat to where it almost feels like I'm at full rest and barely touching the steering wheel... Superb. Get a wingman or three involved in the 160 mile trip and I can make some excellent time.
                          Its hard not to when your running 1000 hp

Comment

Working...
                          X