Wood Splitter! looks dangerous

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SamTex View Post
    Build a STURDY table and strap your motor down really good. I have hit a few knots and had my tractor lift off the ground.

Comment

I'm counting on it to trip a breaker if I hit something tough, PTO's just don't give a damn. Sturdy table and careful hands no doubt! I like my digits.

Comment

This reminds me I need to buy some wood.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I wonder what horse power electric motor and rpm. I got a couple of 13 hp honda gas motors I can build one out of. Maybe belt driven just in case it jams and will just slip the belt

2003 f250
          1990 mustang gt stock 68k miles
          1990 mustang gt 347 t56
          1994 peterbilt 377 dump truck 450hp cat
          1997 freightliner 500hp detriot[/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
            This reminds me I need to buy some wood.
            I've got some for you...

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
              Holy shit, damned thing is 180 dollars. I was guesstimating more like 20-50 dollars. haha
              More than I thought it would be too, but have you seen the prices on decent gas powered log splitters?

Hell, even the cheap electric Harbor Freight splitters are over $300 with coupon.

I just wonder how well the drill thing would work with knotty unseasoned hardwoods.

Comment

That one is small time....here's how to really get it done...drive up to the jobsite, jack up rear, swap wheel for splitter and go.

I actually see these every once in a while on Craigslist out in my neck of the woods. Here's a fairly healthy one...

Comment

Working...
                X