Taking the train in Japan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taking the train in Japan

It's supposed to be like this everyday during rush hour. Crazy! That's a disaster waiting to happen. Maybe they need bigger trains?

Insane. By virtual of America, we'd have 30% the people on there.

Comment

Crazy. I am very surprised that the Japanese do that.
      Originally posted by lincolnboy
      After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

I never saw it that bad when I was there, but it wasnt a pleasant experience either. Definitely standing room only.

Comment

lmao, wtf! I won't even get on an elevator if there are already 6 or 7 people on it. Can't those fucks add one more car for gods sake?

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
            Insane. By virtual of America, we'd have 30% the people on there.
            That's no bullshit!

Comment

Just fart and you would have extra room

Comment

Haha holy fuck! We just got back from NYC, and rode the subway there. It was pretty damn cool, glad it was nothing that damn crazy.
                "You don't so much drive it, more like poke it with a sharp stick and channel the fury when you piss it off."

FFL & LTC Instructor
                http://firstresponsefirearms.com/
                Factory Five MK4 Cobra
                Build thread-http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17889
                http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/l571/BlitzAttack65/
                www.wix.com/cdurhamwot/blitzattack-mk4-build
                sigpic

Comment

Here's another one, there are shitloads of them on youtube.

Comment

How long until the next train? Jeez
                    "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
                      How long until the next train? Jeez
                      In Japan if you are a few minutes late they give you a letter for your employer.
                      Originally posted by lincolnboy
                      After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

It's not like that every single day but yea, it does get crazy at times.

But here's the great thing. You get automatic space if you're a foreigner. They seem to make room out of fear you might kill them or something. The space doubles if you are African.

I've ridden the trains many times. I saw it crowded like that only once in Tokyo and was "oh hell no" turned around and went for coffee for a couple of hours.

Another option is to take the so called "romance trains" they cost more but are never crowded. They also have pretty attendants selling food and drinks. Miyako and I would usually take the Narita Express from the airport to Tokyo, then take the Romance Train from Tokyo to her parents home in Hadano. A very nice trip.

Next trip will be a bit more interesting. Her parents moved to Sapporo in Hokkaido. Much colder but also less earthquake prone. The real downside is that it costs more to travel up there. We'll have to fly to Narita and then take a flight Sapporo. It used to cost about $2000 for both of use to fly round trip but next time I expect it to cost about $5000.

Comment

I'm glad I never had to ride when it was like that. Rick is right, you get an automatic gaijin zone around you if you're a foreigner.
                          And Rick, Sapporo is beautiful. Not super gaijin friendly though, but you have an "in", so to say. I got to go there for free, courtesy of the 7th fleet.
                          "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Originally posted by helosailor View Post
                            I'm glad I never had to ride when it was like that. Rick is right, you get an automatic gaijin zone around you if you're a foreigner.
                            And Rick, Sapporo is beautiful. Not super gaijin friendly though, but you have an "in", so to say. I got to go there for free, courtesy of the 7th fleet.
                            Yea, we did an exercise up in Hokkaido, back in the '90s when I was in the Army. All I can remember is that it was hella cold and the cold weather covers for a Huey had metal zippers that refused to zip when I wanted to get out of 0F cold.

Comment

Hokkaido is absolutely amazing!

Comment

Working...
                              X