Ford Racing EcoBoost Prototype Sets New Daytona Speed Record: 222.971 MPH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ford Racing EcoBoost Prototype Sets New Daytona Speed Record: 222.971 MPH

Ford has now released video of the record-setting session, held yesterday, October 9, 2013. Ford Racing's new EcoBoost Daytona Prototype will compete in next year's inaugural TUDOR United SportsCar Championship, the merged series that brings American Le Mans and Grand Am together. And it will do it with one heck of a prototype car, from the early look of...

Wow, impressive...
    Originally posted by Silverback
    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

I don't understand what the big deal is with that? A few years ago at TMS in the the Chevy tent, there was a 2.0 litre turbo 4 cylinder that made 950 HP. I think it would blow the ecoboost away.

Comment

No sound clips make me unhappy.

They said it was running a 750hp tune for the record lap and de-tuned to 600 for competition.

Comment

Originally posted by line-em-up View Post
          I don't understand what the big deal is with that? A few years ago at TMS in the the Chevy tent, there was a 2.0 litre turbo 4 cylinder that made 950 HP. I think it would blow the ecoboost away.
          A full blown drag race fully built set up vs a basically production engine in a race car
          ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

Originally posted by Snatch Napkin View Post
            No sound clips make me unhappy.

They said it was running a 750hp tune for the record lap and de-tuned to 600 for competition.
            There are companies making 600 rwhp with bone stock long blocks.
            ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

Originally posted by matts5.0 View Post
              There are companies making 600 rwhp with bone stock long blocks.
              True, but this car is designed for LeMans. I guarantee a bone stock long block would not last there.

The music is supposed to die out completely at some point. 7:00 minutes in the music is gone.

Comment

Originally posted by matts5.0 View Post
                A full blown drag race fully built set up vs a basically production engine in a race car
                I forgot to mention that it was supposedly used in Tony Stewart's roundy round cars.

Comment

Originally posted by snatch napkin View Post
                  true, but this car is designed for lemans. I guarantee a bone stock long block would not last there.

The music is supposed to die out completely at some point. 7:00 minutes in the music is gone.

NOMNOMNOM CxR!
                  Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                  I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                  Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                  Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                  dont downshift!!
                  Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Same block and heads with a shit ton of other work done to it..... Not the production engine just a race motor built off of a production engine base.... Still a cool car....

Comment

$3K and a 93 Fox could out do that! OK, maybe $3.5K

Comment

Working...
                      X