First 2014 Corvette at the strip.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 00KBGT View Post
    Our C7 made 398/388 bone stock with 28 miles on the odometer and 220* coolant temps. After a tune it made 330/325. Not too bad bone stock. We just lowered it yesterday, tinted the windows, took off some of the badging and tinted the amber lights on the front bumper corners. We have an extra set if LT1 heads we're going to get ported, spec a few cams for it, try out some different headers to see what it can do with simple mods.
    I'd take it to another tuner.
    Originally posted by davbrucas
    I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
      I'm impressed. You gotta figure the base/auto is probably the slowest C7 offering, so it will only get better as other models hit the dragstrip. Not to mention each of these cars will easily exceed 1+G and look good doing it.

And as mentioned before, you have to assume a shop will sandbag a bit to show larger improvements when they start bolting their crap on it.
      Unless confirmation of sandbagging I wasn't impressed at all. Mainly because of this:

My car has been 12.2 @ 114.5 without a tune, without a CAI, and slammed on 20s. I'll just wait until it's out of drivetrain warranty (80k miles) before I do anything to it.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
        I read that twice and still was confused...lol
        Originally posted by Sean88gt
        You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
        Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
        You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
          Unless confirmation of sandbagging I wasn't impressed at all. Mainly because of this:

lol

That is with a few passes under belt, and going balls to the wall. That Vette looked like it was headed to the grocery store.
          When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

lol

That is with a few passes under belt, and going balls to the wall. That Vette looked like it was headed to the grocery store.
            But Vette's auto is supposed to be better than any driver! lol

Comment

That's funny, I meant 430/425!
              Scott Ganow
              Lone Star Performance
              16300 Midway Rd
              Addison, TX 75001
              214-630-5006

Comment

Ugly and slow - pass
                Vortex rear stand $75
                8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
                My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
                but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
                11 4 door
                13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

I was thinking about selling off a couple of cars to buy me one dem dare Vettes, but the stock rwhp is the same as my 2012 GT and its double the price, fuck that! And the price of loaded Vette is GT500 money and the make right at 600/600 to the wheels. GM has lost their mind...
                  Originally posted by Silverback
                  Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Their ugly as shit & don't care for the dash setup! For that kind of money they better outrun a new 5.0 with ease & be able to run some high to mid 11s stock
                    GOD BLESS TEXAS
                    August Landscaping
                    214-779-7278
                    Seb's high class.
                    He'll mow your grass.
                    He'll kick your ass.
                    And while his kidney stones pass,
                    He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

You would think with the Hennessey name plastered on it, it would run a lot better? Not too impressed with performance. But it looks good.

Comment

Originally posted by SSMAN View Post
                        You would think with the Hennessey name plastered on it, it would run a lot better? Not too impressed with performance. But it looks good.
                        They are waiting until the Hennessey name is plastered all over it, THEN it will run better. See what they're doing there?

Comment

Anyone betting it'll be dead even with a 5.0 around a road course?
                          Originally posted by davbrucas
                          I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Anyone betting it'll be dead even with a 5.0 around a road course?

A no-option Z51 + magnetic shocks + 7 speed manual(MSRP of ~$56k) should wipe the floor with a 5.0 Mustang, even a Boss with equal drivers.

Comment

Originally posted by MattB View Post
                              A no-option Z51 + magnetic shocks + 7 speed manual(MSRP of ~$56k) should wipe the floor with a 5.0 Mustang, even a Boss with equal drivers.
                              ... but a Fox with 5K... don't even try to argue!

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                                I was thinking about selling off a couple of cars to buy me one dem dare Vettes, but the stock rwhp is the same as my 2012 GT and its double the price, fuck that! And the price of loaded Vette is GT500 money and the make right at 600/600 to the wheels. GM has lost their mind...
                                There's more to a car than raw HP numbers, the rev matching on downshifts has my interest piqued, and the driving experience has to be decidedly different than that of a Mustang.

If straight-line speed is your only metric, than by all means the GT500 is the way to go, but I'd have to drive both before deciding the better value.

Nevermind me though, I'm just a piddly little M3 owner trying to justify my existence.

Comment

Working...
                                X