I quit.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I quit.

LOL @ the end of the bolded part. 2 sort of jobs, and here is my real job...

Problem: You hate your job. It's not that the work itself is particularly awful. But the boss — oh, sheesh — the boss doesn't get it.

Solution: You could give two weeks' notice and promise to stay in touch. OR. Or you could do what this woman did — create a video in which you dance around the empty office to Kanye West's "Gone" (warning: adult language) while subtitles explain your decision to leave the world of the gainfully employed. Then, let the Web take care of the rest.

The video, which has been featured on a variety of outlets including Gawker and Huffington Post, was created by Marina Shifrin, a self-described writer, comedian and waitress. As Shifrin shows off her impressive moves (really, she's a pretty good dancer), we learn that she works (er, worked) for an "awesome company" that produces videos for the Web.

But her boss, who remains nameless, seemingly put an emphasis on quantity over quality. "For almost two years I've sacrificed my relationships, time and energy for this job," she explains via subtitles. "And my boss only cares about quantity and how many views each video gets. So I figured I'd make ONE video of my own."

Bridges burned, point made.

Blocked due to copyright...
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Works for me. Here is the link.

I work for an awesome company that makes news videos. I have put my life into this job, but my boss says quantity, speed and views are what is most important...

Comment

works for me
        Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
          That's just gross.

Comment

Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
            That's just gross.
            I'd hit it
            Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Works on iPhone, but not Galaxy Tab 3...
              "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

I'd plow that ass.

Comment

Id nock the bottom out that bitch. Not model hot, but good enough.

Comment

why make a video not viewable on mobile devices?
                    ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

looks like your typical weird hipster chick

Comment

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
                        looks like your typical weird hipster chick

Low rent Aubrey Plaza. Would hit it, as long as she didn't start using phrases like going green, or farm-to-table restaurant.

Comment

Originally posted by matts5.0 View Post
                          why make a video not viewable on mobile devices?
                          Yeah what he said.... FML
                          sigpic

Comment

Never thought this was a wise move since future employers may not approve of such shenanigans.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                              Low rent Aubrey Plaza. Would hit it, as long as she didn't start using phrases like going green, or farm-to-table restaurant.
                              Or mid century modern.

Comment

Working...
                              X