No announcement yet.

2011 Ford F150 Ecoboost Torture Test..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From what I know, the intake valves are sprayed with fuel slightly due to the late introduction of fuel during the cycle. Most of the buildup is caused by a poorly operating PVC system.

I've read some owners are venting thier PVC systems or placing a catch can in line.

In my opinion, PVC systems still promote better ring seal and extend the overall life of engines.

Comment

love how they are going the way of diesel motors...finally figuring out how turbos work and how to peak power and mileage with a direct injection and a turbo

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
        love how they are going the way of diesel motors...finally figuring out how turbos work and how to peak power and mileage with a direct injection and a turbo
        They should've put in a diesel in it anyways.
        2010 F-350 6.4L SRW CC 4X4

Spartan tunes, 5 inch flo-pro, 4 inch down pipe, cold side piping, AFE stage 2 CAI, EGR delete, Air Dog II

2012 Mustang 5.0 GT Stock........for now.

Comment

Originally posted by Badass2000GT View Post
          They should've put in a diesel in it anyways.
          Why?

Comment

Originally posted by bottlerocket View Post
            Why?
            We are the only country I think that doesn't have a diesel in a light duty truck.
            2010 F-350 6.4L SRW CC 4X4

Spartan tunes, 5 inch flo-pro, 4 inch down pipe, cold side piping, AFE stage 2 CAI, EGR delete, Air Dog II

2012 Mustang 5.0 GT Stock........for now.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
              the US infrastructure doesn't readily support diesels, unfortunately

I wish it did as diesel has a higher BTU than gasoline and it's just better! LOL

but when gasoline costs 30-40 cents less per gallon, and you have a gas engine that's as reliable as a diesel from a wear standpoint and MORE reliable from a component standpoint due to ONLY running 2,000psi of injection pressure vs. 20-25,000psi, the DI gasser is a game changer IMO

I had never even heard of DI gas until I started looking into the Mazdaspeed 3's
              We are the only country I think that doesn't have a diesel in a light duty truck.
              There are reasons for that it seems

Comment

The only reason they don't put a diesel in a 1/2 ton is that then no one will go out and buy the $45K Big-Bubba-Bodine-Ranch-King-HD/HO/FX42 4x4 dually with a kung-fu grip and heated trailer hitch to tow their 12ft fishing boat twice a year.

Comment

Im with ya... people just dont see the light. Diesel should be cheaper than gas (damn EPA with their low sulfer bullshit), is ultrareliable and can crank out some great mileage. Look at the Jetta's.

Gas 22/29
                  Diesel 29/40

My truck is averaging right at 20mpg and its a 9,000 diesel megacab. The same gas megacab is averaging 15.

Comment

Originally posted by jw33 View Post
                    The only reason they don't put a diesel in a 1/2 ton is that then no one will go out and buy the $45K Big-Bubba-Bodine-Ranch-King-HD/HO/FX42 4x4 dually with a kung-fu grip and heated trailer hitch to tow their 12ft fishing boat twice a year.
                    lmfao!!! nice

Comment

Diesel engines are fighting an uphill battle and it looks like the EPA is winning, at least in the light-duty market. Until the manufacturers figure out a more efficient method of satisfying the EPA's ridiculous standards, diesel engines will remain a heavy-duty segment engine (for the most part).

Comment

Working...
                      X