No announcement yet.

2011 Ford F150 Ecoboost Torture Test..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 Ford F150 Ecoboost Torture Test..

Both the Engine and Truck are really really impressive..

damn that was pretty impressive. i was impressed with by the ecoboost engine ever since i first read about it

Comment

Great marketing vid...decent performance too. However, I couldn't get past the constant V8 overdub sounds to cover up how bad the engine sounds.

I was also happy with the uphill test against the dodge. only 3.2 seconds over 3.5 miles is practically nothing...however the 42 seconds over the Chevy was comical!

I'll stick with our good sounding dodge!

Comment

Can't see the vid at work, it is choppy as hell with our crap connection. All trucks need V8's tho, they need to sound tough!

Comment

All i got to say is drive one before you count it out...

Comment

Originally posted by aggie97 View Post
            Great marketing vid...decent performance too. However, I couldn't get past the constant V8 overdub sounds to cover up how bad the engine sounds.

I was also happy with the uphill test against the dodge. only 3.2 seconds over 3.5 miles is practically nothing...however the 42 seconds over the Chevy was comical!

I'll stick with our good sounding dodge!
            And the not so good mpg.
            2010 F-350 6.4L SRW CC 4X4

Spartan tunes, 5 inch flo-pro, 4 inch down pipe, cold side piping, AFE stage 2 CAI, EGR delete, Air Dog II

2012 Mustang 5.0 GT Stock........for now.

Comment

Originally posted by Badass2000GT View Post
              And the not so good mpg.
              For a 6 banger the MPG aint much better on the Ford truck. I was disappointed when I heard it was like 15/22 or something like that.

Comment

i thought it sounded pretty stout in the baja truck!
                ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

Holddddd up, now. I bleed Ford Blue, but why the hell did they slaughter that 5.3 on the hill climb and not put it up against a 6.2 Vortec Max? The 5.3 is to Silverados like the 302 was to F-150's...effing weak sauce.

Comment

Originally posted by Badass2000GT View Post
                    And the not so good mpg.
                    22 hwy and 18 city isn't good for a 390hp 5300lb truck? I'm stumped.

Comment

That was some great videos and brilliant marketing!

Though the overdub was not needed, people need to understand that other engines sound good too, I don't mind a boosted v6 sound, as I don't mind a highly boosted high revving i4.

Comment

Originally posted by ozzeran View Post
                        Though the overdub was not needed, people need to understand that other engines sound good too, I don't mind a boosted v6 sound, as I don't mind a highly boosted high revving i4.
                        i thought it sounded good
                        ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

the teardown videos, they did it live at the auto show...

2014 Ford F250 4X4 *DD*
                          1992 Ford Mustang GT

Previous Vehicles:
                          1989 Ford Mustang 4 cyl. Turbo coupe
                          1986 Ford Mustang GT T-Top
                          2011 Ford F-150 Eco-Boost
                          2011 Ford Mustang V6
                          2011 Ford Mustang GT
                          2013 Ford F-150 Eco-Boost
                          2012 Ford F-150 Eco-Boost 4x4

Comment

DI gas is friggin' cool... definitely bridges the gap between traditional gas and diesel.

I think the DI accounts for a lot of the longevity as you don't have raw fuel contacting the cylinder walls... same as a diesel... I thought it was kinda funny when they called 150k a lifetime of miles.

I'm sure we've all had venerable 302's with 170-200k that were still running like tops, and I've been messing with diesels for the past decade or so... 200k to me anymore is about half a lifetime
                            http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                              DI gas is friggin' cool... definitely bridges the gap between traditional gas and diesel.

I think the DI accounts for a lot of the longevity as you don't have raw fuel contacting the cylinder walls... same as a diesel... I thought it was kinda funny when they called 150k a lifetime of miles.

I'm sure we've all had venerable 302's with 170-200k that were still running like tops, and I've been messing with diesels for the past decade or so... 200k to me anymore is about half a lifetime
                              this.

Comment

Working...
                              X