Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DJ's (Baron) motorcycle tank--pulled some dents, body worked, painted and striped !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that blue and white on black looks fucking sick, good job
    -Blaine

Comment

Originally posted by CRASH View Post
      My dad has an old ass puller with a thing welded on the end. We just tacked the puller to the tank and pulled it. I think it came out pretty slick.
      I couldn't agree more. Well done. Just a skim coat of body filler?
      Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
      There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren M View Post
        I couldn't agree more. Well done. Just a skim coat of body filler?
        It took a little more than a skim coat.

It looked like someone had tried to get the dent that was just under it out previously and kinda fucked up the compound radius in the same area of the big dent. Even so, you can't tell there was ever a dent there now !

Got the rest of the bike finished up this afternoon too, by the way.

-Aaron

Comment

It took a little more than a skim coat.

It looked like someone had tried to get the dent that was just under it out previously and kinda fucked up the compound radius in the same area of the big dent. Even so, you can't tell there was ever a dent there now !
          You're right about that! It looks great!
          There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

You're right about that! It looks great!
            Thanks man ! I'm still REALLY happy with how the stars came out ! Funny thing is, I did the stars using nothing but a sword striping brush !

You can see some brush strokes in the stars, so there's no question that they're painted on !

-Aaron

Comment

Thanks man ! I'm still REALLY happy with how the stars came out ! Funny thing is, I did the stars using nothing but a sword striping brush !

You can see some brush strokes in the stars, so there's no question that they're painted on !

-Aaron
              You did an excelent job sir.

Sorry my enthusiasm level was low, I got one of the worst headaches I have ever had sometime after lunch. I went to sleep for 4 hours after I got home.
              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
                You did an excelent job sir.

Sorry my enthusiasm level was low, I got one of the worst headaches I have ever had sometime after lunch. I went to sleep for 4 hours after I got home.
                Probably from all of the damn smoke !! It's a good thing Jason went outside when he did and saw the fire !!

It's all good though man. You feeling better now ?

-Aaron

Comment

I just want to say that it looks awesome. Great job and nice choice of colors
                  Originally posted by Baron
                  If I dissagree with you, it is because you are wrong.

Comment

Probably from all of the damn smoke !! It's a good thing Jason went outside when he did and saw the fire !!

It's all good though man. You feeling better now ?

-Aaron
                    no shit. Maybe he is trying to kill me...
                    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by ma67cpe View Post
                      I just want to say that it looks awesome. Great job and nice choice of colors
                      Thanks ! He told me he would like to have the stars on there, and what colors he wanted ("something close to a Grabber Blue and white") and I just ran with it. I used gloss black everywhere that's black on the stars, so it gives it a nice little contrast against the flat black.

After I put the stars on the sides, I kinda felt like I needed to put some striping around them because they looked like they were supposed to be there (like it came from the factory that way). LOL !

Comment

-Aaron
                        What I want to know is who is the first person to grab a squirrel and say "Damn, this hair is PERFECT for paint! (I'm assuming a few things here...)

Comment

What I want to know is who is the first person to grab a squirrel and say "Damn, this hair is PERFECT for paint! (I'm assuming a few things here...)
                          LOL, no joke, huh ?! They actually use squirrel hair from Siberia. I'm assuming because it's so much colder there and their hair grows longer...??

All those poor little naked squirrels running around Siberia must be cold !

-Aaron

Comment

Working...
                          X