Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Silly Nascar, you guys need to work on your Team Orders....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silly Nascar, you guys need to work on your Team Orders....

Can't beat them, Join their NEW message board !!

They are already in a lot of trouble for this. Although Clint Bowyer is the fall guy, it was team orders that led to this. It will be interesting to see how Jeff Gordon treats Bowyer Sunday in Chicago.

Comment

Hard to see on my phone. What was the problem?
      sigpic

Comment

Clint Bowyer intentionally spun to cause a caution and shake-up the results of the final "race to the chase". He did this because, with 7 laps to go, his teammate Martin Truex Jr had no chance of making the chase. With the field bunched-up, and a myriad of pit stop strategies, that might(and did) put Truex back in the chase. That is, until NASCAR on Monday levied penalties against that team.

Comment

$300000 fine, crew member suspended indefinitely, and now NAPA looking like they are going to pull their sponsorship. It does not look good for MWR, that is for sure.

Comment

lol at code word to spin.

here's the transcript.

With nine laps to go

Spotter Brett Griffin: "(No.) 39 (Ryan Newman) is going to win the race. … Well, that kinda sucks. Nine more (laps) right here."

Crew chief Brian Pattie: "Is your arm starting to hurt? I bet it's hot in there. Itch it."

Clint Bowyer: "Oh yeah."

Griffin: "Right with you, 88 (Dale Earnhardt Jr.). Right with you, right with you, right with you."

(Bowyer spins out)
            Can't beat them, Join their NEW message board !!

Comment

Originally posted by MattB View Post
              Clint Bowyer intentionally spun to cause a caution and shake-up the results of the final "race to the chase". He did this because, with 7 laps to go, his teammate Martin Truex Jr had no chance of making the chase. With the field bunched-up, and a myriad of pit stop strategies, that might(and did) put Truex back in the chase. That is, until NASCAR on Monday levied penalties against that team.
              Ok thanks
              sigpic

Comment

Something like this happened in the 90's to guarantee jeff gordon a championship over Dale Earnhardt. Hendrick Motorsports fielded a car so that they could pull it out of the race to guarantee jeff enough points to win the title

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
                Originally posted by Leah
                Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

They are already in a lot of trouble for this. Although Clint Bowyer is the fall guy, it was team orders that led to this. It will be interesting to see how Jeff Gordon treats Bowyer Sunday in Chicago.
                  Fall guy? Hardly. More like willing participant.

Comment

Originally posted by Lone Sailor View Post
                    Fall guy? Hardly. More like willing participant.
                    He personally had NOTHING to gain. He was already locked into the chase whether or not he even showed-up to race at Richmond. The only thing that would have helped him personally was a win Saturday night, to give him bonus points starting next week. If he finished 2nd - 43rd, he was still going to have exactly the same amount of points. I assure you he was under an intense amount of pressure to do what he did in order to get Martin Truex Jr into the chase. I'm sure he could have said "no way I'm not gonna do that!", and then he'd be standing in line for a job next year. The whole organization needed the extra chase berth, extra press coverage, sponsorship money, bonus money, etc. I'm glad they penalized the whole organization, and not just Clint Bowyer, as I'm sure he'd rather have Truex in the chase through Martin's own hard work, not a late race spin to shake-up the finishing order.

Comment

He personally had NOTHING to gain. He was already locked into the chase whether or not he even showed-up to race at Richmond. The only thing that would have helped him personally was a win Saturday night, to give him bonus points starting next week. If he finished 2nd - 43rd, he was still going to have exactly the same amount of points. I assure you he was under an intense amount of pressure to do what he did in order to get Martin Truex Jr into the chase. I'm sure he could have said "no way I'm not gonna do that!", and then he'd be standing in line for a job next year. The whole organization needed the extra chase berth, extra press coverage, sponsorship money, bonus money, etc. I'm glad they penalized the whole organization, and not just Clint Bowyer, as I'm sure he'd rather have Truex in the chase through Martin's own hard work, not a late race spin to shake-up the finishing order.
                      I understand that he could have had a DNF and still made the chase, my whole point is that he had the choice to do the right thing and instead chose to disregard his own integrity.

Comment

I understand that he could have had a DNF and still made the chase, my whole point is that he had the choice to do the right thing and instead chose to disregard his own integrity.
                        So you'd do something different if given the same situation? I'm not saying it was the right thing to do, but if he didn't do it, he'd be out of a job. It's way easier when you're on the couch on Sundays!

Comment

So you'd do something different if given the same situation? I'm not saying it was the right thing to do, but if he didn't do it, he'd be out of a job. It's way easier when you're on the couch on Sundays!
                          Ive never had to make that decision in a race car, but in everyday life, yes. We all are challenged daily to do the right thing. Just because he was in a race car doesn't make it somehow harder of a challenge or make it more or less impressive.

Comment

Ive never had to make that decision in a race car, but in everyday life, yes. We all are challenged daily to do the right thing. Just because he was in a race car doesn't make it somehow harder of a challenge or make it more or less impressive.
                            Hmmm, interesting. So if you had a job making a ton of money, but your boss asked you to do something unethical in your opinion, but completely legal to help the company as whole, you'd say no, and resign your position? It's pretty cut-throat in racing, and sometimes you've got to do what's asked, or look for another job. Of course everybody not in that position would "do the right thing", as hindsight is 20/20. If only everybody was as good as they thought they were. I meet people all the time that are better racecar drivers than the people on tv, better football players than Tony Romo, better basketball players than Dirk, etc. I mean they work at Wal Mart, Ikea, etc. But just ask them, and they know more than the famous people on tv!

Comment

Looks like we need to penalize Front Row Motorsports and Penske too:

"Penske Racing may have cut a deal with Front Row Motorsports in the closing laps at Richmond for track position to help get #22-Joey Logano in the Chase for the Sprint Cup championship. In radio communications reviewed Wednesday by The Associated Press for Front Row driver #38-David Gilliland, his spotter informs the team of a request to let Logano pass him in the final laps of Saturday night's race. Logano was trying to claim a spot in the 12-driver Chase field. Both Penske and Front Row are Ford teams and thus considered partners. A voice on the radio, believed to be crew chief Frank Kerr, asks who the request is coming from. The spotter replies: "We've got the big dog and all his cronies." Kerr then says: "Travis knows what I've been asking for," an apparent reference to Penske Racing competition director Travis Geisler. Logano passed Gilliland on a restart and finished 22nd, one spot ahead of Gilliland and good enough for a berth in the Chase field. "Good job, good job, man," the spotter says after the race. "Hopefully we'll get something out of that." Statistics analyzed by AP also show Gilliland's lap times dropped off by almost 1 second from the times he was running prior to the radio communication.(Associated Press)(9-11-2013)"

Comment

Working...
                              X