New Cheby Silverado 4X4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chili View Post
    I'm still really happy with it.. I'd like to make a few changes (HD Hood, couple inches of lift, roof basket and lights on the bumper) but like it enough as it is.
    That would look killer.
    Non tapatalk Sig so the butt hurt va-JJs can stop crying about not being able to turn it off.

Comment

Originally posted by Chopped54 View Post
      Not bad....
      Thanks

Originally posted by motoman View Post
      Truck looks good Matt. I may have to go look for one of those.
      It's a fun truck. The turning radius on this is rediculous and makes it a blast to drive.

Originally posted by UserX View Post
      Looks good. Would look way better if he took your advice on the wheels.
      I think so too, but he spent some of his summer job money.

Originally posted by SMKR View Post
      Max Headroom called and wants his glasses back lmfao
      What's old is new.....

Comment

I agree with all of the wheel choice comments, but it's cool that he got to choose what he wanted and ponied up money on them
        http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Nice ride Matt. Good choice for a high school'er.
          Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Nice truck, wouldn't pick those wheels but to each his own.

Comment

Trucks to short for me to like but it looks good leveled that's for sure. Looked like a a snow plow before..

Comment

Originally posted by LaserSVT View Post
                I have a friend that is the parts manager at the local Chevy dealer. He said its weird because every time a GM400 frame rolls in its always simple and cheap stuff to fix. GM800s are the same with the addition of engine seals usually. He said the shocker is most of the new Silverados that come in need engines and transmissions and rear ends and computers. Its a shame because I really like the look of the current Silverados and was half way thinking of making car payments again. Glad he warned me. I know it has warranty but still don't need my truck in the shop all the time wile they put me in an Aveo.

Anyway, hope yours is a good one!
                Our PD has a 09 or 10 Silverado 4dr 4x4 that has about 80k on it of rough police drivin That still runs like now. Original motor trans and xfercase/rear end.

Comment

Originally posted by Tannerm View Post
                  Our PD has a 09 or 10 Silverado 4dr 4x4 that has about 80k on it of rough police drivin That still runs like now. Original motor trans and xfercase/rear end.
                  Tanner... the E is on the other side of the keyboard, but same rew though.

Yes I know I spelled row wrong : )

Comment

Originally posted by redrocket5.0 View Post
                    I have 4 sets of these just sitting, 3 polished ones and 1 set of chromes. I sell them cheap. Among a few other take off wheels I have at my work. Hell, I have 2 sets of brand spanking new 14's sitting in my parts dept.
                    You have any Trailblazer SS wheels laying around for cheap?

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post
                      When you were shopping did they make single cab short beds with a 5.3? Two wheel drive..
                      OP Nice truck and it looks good.

Back in 05 I bought a truck just like this to use for work but I ordered it with a 3.73 gear and long bed. It was hands down THE BEST truck I have ever owned. I worked the crap out of it and in 190K miles the only thing I ever did to it was a right front wheel bearing. The truck towed incredible (for a 1/2 ton) and when I sold it at 190K it ran,rode and drove just like the day I bought it.
                      Oh and it ran 14.6@92. Pretty fast for a regular pick up.They still make them like this but more then likely you will have to order it.

Comment

Thanks for the kind words.

The kid installed a Class IV Curt hitch today:

Towing some equipment out to the jobsite? Pulling the ATVs up to the family cabin? Hauling your pontoon boat out to the lake? Whatever tasks you need to finish, finish them with confidence and finesse with a CURT trailer hitch. CURT class 4 trailer hitches are engineered for hard work as much as they are for play. They are built with high-strength American steel, welded into a solid, one-piece design for superior dependability. With their enhanced construction, class 4 hitches are typically used on full-size pickup trucks, SUVs and full-size vans. They're excellent for commercial jobs as well as heavy-duty non-commercial towing. Like all CURT class 1 to class 5 hitches, each class 4 hitch is made with a vehicle-specific design. This means that for virtually every vehicle application, we produce a unique hitch model. A vehicle-specific fit ensures maximum towing capacity, an optimized look on the vehicle and a custom fit without any difficult modifications. This particular class 4 hitch is engineered to fit specific years and styles of the Chevy Silverado 1500, 1500 Classic or 1500 HD Classic and GMC Sierra 1500, 1500 Classic or 1500 HD Classic (see application information to verify compatibility with your vehicle). It comes with all necessary mounting hardware for a complete installation. This class 4 GMC / Chevy hitch is built, tested and rated with a weight carrying capacity of 10,000 pounds gross trailer weight and 1,000 pounds tongue weight. It is also compatible with a weight distribution hitch with a weight capacity of 12,000 pounds WD and 1,200 pounds WDTW. This makes it an excellent choice for towing a variety of trailers from equipment haulers and larger utility trailers to full-size travel trailers and boat trailers (never exceed the weight capacity of the lowest-rated towing component). All class 4 tow hitches are equipped with a 2" x 2" hitch receiver. This receiver is securely welded into place and has an open back for easy cleanout of dirt and debris. The 2" receiver is able to accept any industry-standard 2" shank, including a variety of ball mounts, weight distribution hitches, pintle hitches and other towing accessories. It can also be used to mount a cargo carrier or bike rack if needed. When the hitch receiver is not in use, it can be covered with a hitch tube cover to protect it against rust, dirt and the elements. All CURT custom trailer hitches are carefully engineered, proudly manufactured, meticulously finished and rigorously tested in the USA (may include imported hardware). This gives us direct control over the quality of our tow hitches from start to finish. First, we engineer our custom hitches using real vehicles and cutting-edge technology. Then, we fabricate and weld them using a combination of manual and robotic processes, ensuring the utmost accuracy in the most efficient manner. Next, each tow hitch undergoes a thorough finishing process. The hitches are chemically and mechanically descaled, immersed in a rust-resistant liquid A-coat -- shielding the hitch inside and out -- and finally cured with a highly durable black powder coat finish. Finally, we test all of our tow hitch designs at our in-house R&D facility in Detroit, MI. We test according to SAE J684 ensuring safety for you, your crew and your cargo. CURT class 4 trailer hitches are backed by a limited lifetime warranty.

and topped it off with a tow eye.

Comment

Originally posted by petyweestraw View Post
                          Is that stock ride height? I'm trying to figure what to do with my 4x4 burb. I like the way yours sit. Mine just seems low to me. Its a none z71
                          That's actually not mine though mine sits about the same stock with the front cranked to level it. I'd like to do about an inch or two spacer in the rear and ford keys in the front to bring it up a tad more (in fact, that pic I posted may have a little, but not sure). Z71s to ride a bit higher though. I don't have a good side shot on level ground but here:

I also have Ranch Hand front and rear bumpers now too.. The front is the bull nose style like this:

Last edited by Chili; 09-06-2013, 06:28 PM.

Comment

Nice truck, Matt.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                              Nice truck, Matt.
                              Thanks man

Comment

Working...
                              X