My newest project-1988 Jeep Wrangler yj

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My newest project-1988 Jeep Wrangler yj

I bought it from a guy at work for $500. Needs a motor, seats, and a windshield. I also need to reinstall the drivetrain. It sat in a field for a lfew years and 2 owners ago the kid pulled the motor, tranny, seats, and dash out of it.If anyone knows where a cheap 4.2 is let me know. I need to find one I can rebuild.

Sweet jeep,
    Cannot wait to see this finished

Comment

That thing looks like it's seen better days.

Comment

Nice, I've got tons of yj parts ( no motors)

Comment

Don't waste your time on a 4.2. Drop in a 302 or 350 and be done. I had a really hot 302 in a YJ with 36 in Iroks. It would spin all 4 at any given time. Oh and when you get ready to do gears, drivetrain etc. Find you a 95-2000 ford explorer 8.8. They drop right in and add disc brakes for next to nothing.
          Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
            Find you a 95-2000 ford explorer 8.8. They drop right in and add disc brakes for next to nothing.
            Yup! 31 spline, tractionloc, 3.73 gears too!

Comment

I can't believe nobody has said LSx swap yet?!

Comment

Do an LSx swap!

-k

Comment

Originally posted by MattB View Post
                  I can't believe nobody has said LSx swap yet?!
                  Nope.

"It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                    DDrop in a 302 or 350 and be done.
                    THIS!
                    Or the for-mentioned LSx swap. Since the engine is gone you might as well grab a swap kit.. or do your own kit and build it with a domestic V8.

Stevo
                    Originally posted by SSMAN
                    ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

I think I will eventually build a v8 for it but for now Im going to stick a stock straight 6 in it. The adapter kits Iv seen are about $500 plus the cost of an engine and mounts vs a junkyard 4.2/4.0 and a $500 for machine work and rebuild kit. Im not planning on building a bad a off road rig. Just something to drive on the streets as a daily and the ocassional light trails. I would love to swap a V8 but I know if I did Id spend a ton on the motor and axles becasue stock sucks and aluminum heads/cams get exspensive in a hury. If I stick a 6 back in it Im not gonna give a crap about making the 6 more powerful so Ill build it stock and cheap as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Treybiz View Post
                        Nice, I've got tons of yj parts ( no motors)
                        Let me know what you've got. Im missing a ton of stuff. I do want to find an ax15 to replace the ba10/5 puegot tranny that came with it.

Comment

Cool, got 2 jeep projects going myself. cj-7 and a cj-5

Comment

Working...
                          X