Swamp sink holes.... NO THANKS!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
    What you mention is everything connected to the ground that is being swallowed up. I find it hard to believe something buoyant like a boat would be sucked down going on the theory of Mythbusters proving one does not get sucked down when a large object is rapidly sinking.

In the video I posted, there were numerous barges sucked down. After the water pressure equalized, some of them popped back up.

Comment

Originally posted by line-em-up View Post
      In the video I posted, there were numerous barges sucked down. After the water pressure equalized, some of them popped back up.
      A water vortex or whirlpool is completely different than what was posted in the first video.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
        Maybe I am thinking to simple, but, can't they just throw tracking devices in the water and see where it leads?
        How would the signal get from 1500'+ below the earth back to any kind of receiver?
        Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
        There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

A water vortex or whirlpool is completely different than what was posted in the first video.
          Oh, okay. If you are being specific to that video, then no. I don't think it would sink without a whirlpool or vortex to suck it down. When I am cleaning the swimming pool, sometimes I'll see the intake on the pump create a vortex. It is pretty cool the way a bug or object will float along nicely until it hits the vortex. Then it goes down fast. It's like an upside down tornado.

Comment

I was, and I cannot stand anything pool drain or intake related. Completely phobic. I flunked out of swimming class because I was too afraid to swim across the deep end. To this day I do not like swimming anywhere near pool drains.

Comment

What you mention is everything connected to the ground that is being swallowed up. I find it hard to believe something buoyant like a boat would be sucked down going on the theory of Mythbusters proving one does not get sucked down when a large object is rapidly sinking.

I understand, but would you test your theory? I know I would not go near that shit in a boat. Have you ever gone down rapids in a raft or canoe? Water hydraulics are very powerful and will suck a large raft down. I know, I know apples to oranges, but where that much water is moving..........a shit load of force is going on(that is a technical physics term for moving water!)

Ahhh mythbusters, that experiment was in no way as profound as this Natural phenomenon. Also that was to debunk the "Titanic" sinking of pulling down people around the sinking ship if I recall correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by likeitfast55 View Post
                Ahhh mythbusters, that experiment was in no way as profound as this Natural phenomenon. Also that was to debunk the "Titanic" sinking of pulling down people around the sinking ship if I recall correctly.
                It was, but it seems to be relatively the same disturbance created once a giant object is swallowed up. Of course I don't have facts and am just arguing my opinion.

Comment

Sinking ship----------------Natural phenomenon. That is a stretch.

The only thing in common is water.

Comment

I was, and I cannot stand anything pool drain or intake related. Completely phobic. I flunked out of swimming class because I was too afraid to swim across the deep end. To this day I do not like swimming anywhere near pool drains.
                    We now know your weakness...

Stevo
                    Originally posted by SSMAN
                    ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Massive grid-like olympic sized pool drains are the worst. It's not that I won't swim in the deep end, but it sure is on my mind every time I use the diving board.

Comment

Boats can get sucked down sinkholes.
                        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                          Boats can get sucked down sinkholes.
                          Yale has spoken.

Comment

Well fuck my life then.

Comment

Massive grid-like olympic sized pool drains are the worst. It's not that I won't swim in the deep end, but it sure is on my mind every time I use the diving board.
                              You should try skiing or wake boarding above the intake grates on Lake Travis when the lake is low. If that doesn't linger on your mind, nothing will. It makes the intakes on even an Olympic size pool more like your kitchen sink drain.
                              sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                              17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                              13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                              86 SVO - Sold
                              '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                              01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                              65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Working...
                              X