Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swamp sink holes.... NO THANKS!

Sink hole in Louisiana....

And then the shit just gets REALLY weird....
    Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
    There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

It made quick work of those trees! Holy shit
    Scott Ganow
    Lone Star Performance
    16300 Midway Rd
    Addison, TX 75001
    214-630-5006

Comment

I wish the music was not on the 2nd video so I could "hear it"

Very interesting though and the 1st video is down right chilling. Imagine myself in some little boat...
      Originally posted by MR EDD
      U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

LMAO! Wow!
        "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Been reading/watching videos of other sinkholes. Now wish I bought a boat with a few 300 hp motors. Won't help if too close, but crap those things are massive on lakes...etc.

Comment

I dunno..... I think a boat, of a decent size, would be fine.... I mean... the water is moving under you.... There really shouldn't be any "suction" on the surface, and you should be fine unless something BIG, eg. a tree, hit your boat and you were "sucked" down because of the added weight.... Just my reasoning....
            Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
            There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren M View Post
              I dunno..... I think a boat, of a decent size, would be fine.... I mean... the water is moving under you.... There really shouldn't be any "suction" on the surface, and you should be fine unless something BIG, eg. a tree, hit your boat and you were "sucked" down because of the added weight.... Just my reasoning....
              Going down a rabbit whole.

This is general discussion...but what ya mean by decent size? Large lakes a 26' cabin cruiser is small.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren M View Post
                Talking to some of my cousins that live in Pierre Part, just around the corner from Bayou Corn, say it sucks down land, camps anything it wants. I do not want to be in a boat of any size and traverse that shit. Shit that was a 40' tree that disappeared, several of them!

Comment

I can't believe I have never heard about this before. Makes you wonder what the consequences will be for pulling so much oil and gas from the earth.

Last edited by line-em-up; 08-22-2013, 11:37 PM.

Comment

Meh. I still like fracking.
                    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

There's lots of salt domes in LA. The Tobasco company is built on top of one and they use salt from it to cover the fermentation barrels.

Comment

Damn. On the first vid look at how far the water level dropped. You can see how high it was on the trees. What's that about two foot drop in the water level. The physics involved there are just amazing.
                        2004 Suzuki DL650
                        1996 Hy-Tek Hurricane 103

Comment

That is pretty effin scary. If you got swallowed up in one of those, nobody will ever find you. Because nobody knows where the hell its taking you, and I sure as hell wouldn't want to be the poor diver that has to go look for you.

Comment

Maybe I am thinking to simple, but, can't they just throw tracking devices in the water and see where it leads?

Comment

Originally posted by likeitfast55 View Post
                              Talking to some of my cousins that live in Pierre Part, just around the corner from Bayou Corn, say it sucks down land, camps anything it wants. I do not want to be in a boat of any size and traverse that shit. Shit that was a 40' tree that disappeared, several of them!
                              What you mention is everything connected to the ground that is being swallowed up. I find it hard to believe something buoyant like a boat would be sucked down going on the theory of Mythbusters proving one does not get sucked down when a large object is rapidly sinking.

Originally posted by line-em-up View Post
                              I can't believe I have never heard about this before. Makes you wonder what the consequences will be for pulling so much oil and gas from the earth.
                              I would guess this kind of thing has been happening since the earth was created.

Comment

Working...
                              X