91coupemike vs 430whp camaro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by danielhv View Post
    If your ever on this side of town I'll run you for fun. Same goes for you Mike!!

Dunno if I'd beat a new 5.0 though, haven't come across the opportunity.

I swear when this car was stock and slow as shit with 2.73's, driving 600 miles every weekend, I had ppl messing with me all the time. Even got my ass handed to me by a MINI VAN! lol. Now that it's a toy and isn't stock anymore, I can't find anyone to play with!
    Same story my cam scares everyone away.. I'm like hey! It's slow.

I'd like to run you to see if I should've gotten a blower or do what I did lol

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

Originally posted by Chas_svo View Post
      Did the 5.0 know you were racing?

If Danny or Rreemo aren't in line, I'm curious and will line them up. Mine does have GT500 axle back exhaust, so it's not bone stock, but I doubt that adds one whp.

Curious minds want to know.
      Meh, I doubt it will be me...unless we were at the track, I've never street raced my 5.0 and really don't plan to. But it's just a slow daily driver anyway....Danny's car runs a lot better...I've seen him post some 7.90 slips. Mine's only gone an 8.20 back when it had something like 2400 miles on it. I've got 12K on it now, a catback exhaust, slightly lighter wheels, and much stickier rubber....but still probably only 8.1's - 8.0's at best.
      70' Chevelle RagTop
      (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Originally posted by Rreemo View Post
        Meh, I doubt it will be me...unless we were at the track, I've never street raced my 5.0 and really don't plan to. But it's just a slow daily driver anyway....Danny's car runs a lot better...I've seen him post some 7.90 slips. Mine's only gone an 8.20 back when it had something like 2400 miles on it. I've got 12K on it now, a catback exhaust, slightly lighter wheels, and much stickier rubber....but still probably only 8.1's - 8.0's at best.
        I figured all 3.73 cars with decent tires broke the 7s.

It might run a little better with miles..

I wonder if the new 5.0 will run as strong as pushrod 302 with 203k miles? Ahaha.

Comment

Originally posted by 91CoupeMike View Post
          I wonder if the new 5.0 will run as strong as pushrod 302 with 203k miles? Ahaha.
          Considering my 4.6L hasn't lost a step in 170K, I think the new 5.0L will be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
            Considering my 4.6L hasn't lost a step in 170K, I think the new 5.0L will be fine.
            Hmm they don't have steel cylinder walls, it's a coating. I'm imtrested to see how long it will last. I know in race engines they have similar coatings that are almost indestructable. But ford QC isn't really awesome.

Comment

I figured all 3.73 cars with decent tires broke the 7s.

It might run a little better with miles..

It might...it was last summer when I took it out, it was the same as it left the lot brand new and those stock Pirelli's aren't really worth a shit. Made 4 passes...I recall the very first pass was an 8.32, then an 8.28, missed 3rd on the next pass, let it cool and tried to launch a little harder on the 4th pass, and that is when it went 8.20....but I went home after that one and haven't taken it back. With good traction and a harder launch (and more seat time in it), it probably would pick up a lot more....7's aren't far and probably there....I guess I was just being a little conservative before. It did put 378 to the tires over at Brooks shop a couple months ago.

Maybe I'll run up to Denton tonight and give it a whirl!
              70' Chevelle RagTop

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Was the VW model ever posted?

I'm lazy!!
                Ded

Comment

Originally posted by VaderTT View Post
                  Was the VW model ever posted?

I'm lazy!!
                  No. It's a Passat.

Comment

Originally posted by downshift_me View Post
                    No. It's a Passat.
                    Awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by CWO View Post
                      Awesome.
                      I really enjoy it. It's a neat car. I hope one day down the line to make a true "race car" out of her, but for now she is just fun. Plus, VW/Audi parts are high.

Comment

I really enjoy it. It's a neat car. I hope one day down the line to make a true "race car" out of her, but for now she is just fun. Plus, VW/Audi parts are high.
                        I think strokd wanted to run me in his passat awhile back. Lol

Comment

I think strokd wanted to run me in his passat awhile back. Lol
                          I think Matt had a GTI, No?
                          70' Chevelle RagTop

Comment

Originally posted by Rreemo View Post
                            I think Matt had a GTI, No?
                            I thought he said passat, I'm not sure it was a while back.

Comment

Matt had a GTI

Comment

No. It's a Passat.
                                Specs? b4/5/6/7?

I'm a euro guy!!
                                Ded

Comment

Working...