Another flying 18 wheeler in Grand Prairie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another flying 18 wheeler in Grand Prairie

Holy SHIT. Driver died. Guess this happened about a week ago.

Originally posted by talisman View Post
    Holy SHIT. Driver died. Guess this happened about a week ago.

Quality.

Ninja edit

Comment

I love the drivers that bail off like "shit, my day is ruined!"

Comment

Pisses me off to see people just back up and fail to even try to render aid. Yes I am not the smartest person but if that happened right in front of me I would never back away.

Comment

I can't believe how slow people are to help. My instincts would have me sprinting to that truck to help the driver. R.I.P.

Comment

You guys notice the greyish car that was under it and about went sideways while it was overhead? I bet that dude went home and changed his shorts.

Comment

Jesus, only opposite traffic besides one person stops. Everyone else just exits.

Comment

I actually witnessed this accident while on duty. I was going to GP to serve a warrant. I was traveling EB I-30 took the 161 frontage road exit when I saw him drive off WB I-30. I was unclear where he disappeared to so I turned to go WB I-30 but found that he dropped down to 161. I originally thought he flew off the 161 SB ramp onto 30 but I was wrong. So my partner and I drove backwards on 30 and 161 ramp towards that camera angle. I bet if that video ran another 10-20 seconds you would of see me pull up. Ran up there the truck was on its driver side. Fire was pretty bad and couldn't get more than 10 feet from then cab of the truck before my face felt like it was about to melt off. The driver was still alive but digging downward towards the ground. The only way out for him was through the windshield but I guess he was so disoriented he just kept digging downward. We used a fire extinguisher but that was like splashing water on a forest fire. There was a 20 year old marine and a retired haltom city fire/rescue guy that beat me to the scene and tried their best to get the guy out but couldn't. Really sucked watching the guy burn alive and couldn't do anything for him. Even worse was there were like 30 bystanders with their phones out video taping it and not rendering aid. This happened Saturday after 4pm

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Mc View Post
                  Pisses me off to see people just back up and fail to even try to render aid. Yes I am not the smartest person but if that happened right in front of me I would never back away.
                  Sad for certain.
                  "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by hustleman View Post
                    I actually witnessed this accident while on duty. I was going to GP to serve a warrant. I was traveling EB I-30 took the 161 frontage road exit when I saw him drive off WB I-30. I was unclear where he disappeared to so I turned to go WB I-30 but found that he dropped down to 161. I originally thought he flew off the 161 SB ramp onto 30 but I was wrong. So my partner and I drove backwards on 30 and 161 ramp towards that camera angle. I bet if that video ran another 10-20 seconds you would of see me pull up. Ran up there the truck was on its driver side. Fire was pretty bad and couldn't get more than 10 feet from then cab of the truck before my face felt like it was about to melt off. The driver was still alive but digging downward towards the ground. The only way out for him was through the windshield but I guess he was so disoriented he just kept digging downward. We used a fire extinguisher but that was like splashing water on a forest fire. There was a 20 year old marine and a retired haltom city fire/rescue guy that beat me to the scene and tried their best to get the guy out but couldn't. Really sucked watching the guy burn alive and couldn't do anything for him. Even worse was there were like 30 bystanders with their phones out video taping it and not rendering aid. This happened Saturday after 4pm

Fuck.

Comment

That white truck noped the fuck out of there.

Comment

That sucks, anyone know why it happened? Did he fall asleep?

Comment

Originally posted by Buick355 View Post
                          That sucks, anyone know why it happened? Did he fall asleep?
                          Likely. Witnesses WB 30 stated there was not any type of corrective action when the truck veered thru the metal guardrail.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Mc View Post
                            X10000

Even if it's bad, you still need to make an effort to help.

Comment

Originally posted by hustleman View Post
                              FTP
                              Too bad you couldn't get him out. Fucking people always videotaping shit instead of helping

Comment

Working...
                              X