2013 Viper GTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fastwhite99gt View Post
    I met the CEO of SRT and their head powertrain engineer back in Jan out in Van Horn, TX. We were snowed in and they pulled up in a Viper.
    There's not enough snow on the planet to trap me in Van Horn.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
      Beautiful car, but something that strikes me as odd, why would they not use slotted-cross drilled rotors?
      Perhaps the brake cooling is sufficient enough not to? Doing that takes away from the integrity of the rotor which can lead to cracks and warping.

Comment

Very nice! I like the interior... although the stripes do throw off the color-combo a bit.

Wharz burnout videoz?
        Photobucket

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
          Perhaps the brake cooling is sufficient enough not to? Doing that takes away from the integrity of the rotor which can lead to cracks and warping.
          The slotted rotors are included in the track pack option only. The dealer did not order the package on either of the allocations they received.

Comment

Originally posted by nastygts View Post
            The slotted rotors are included in the track pack option only. The dealer did not order the package on either of the allocations they received.
            Roger. I figured they'd have been standard equipment.

Saved and Texan by the Grace of God, Redneck by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by 90GT50 View Post
              I like the pictures, but it seems like you always use similar backgrounds.
              Thanks. For cars, yes, I use similar backgrounds for a few reasons below. Trucks allow me to do more outside of "the norm", but I don't post too many here because this isn't a truck site. I post a few here and there so I can get some laughs.

1. Locations like this offer optimal lighting conditions and minimal background distractions. For this reason, combined with knowing how to set the camera up for the shot, my shots are 99% straight off the camera. I may adjust something slightly to compensate for a hue here or there, but I think you did something wrong if you're spending more than a few seconds on an image in post production. That's just my opinion, though. I shoot what you saw, not what I want you to see after fixing problems. (see below for an example)

2. Limitations of living in Midland/Odessa. There's nothing really scenic around here besides mesquite trees and pump jacks. Yes, I could shoot during the golden hour to give me what I need in point 1 above, but read the first two sentences of this point and you'll see why I don't do it that often.

3. It's my style and it obviously works. Keep in mind I've only been doing this "seriously" for a year and a half. I'm sure my style will evolve.

Going back to point 1, here's a before and after. Minimal corrections to get what I consider perfect.

Nothing cool as far as a car goes, but if you want photos of your ride...I can handle that. Check out my Facebook page if you're bored.

Comment

I used to try to do the same thing when I had my dslr, mainly because I hated spending time correcting images, lol. If anything I would just mess with the white balance depending on the lighting I had available for the shoot. Yeah, I forgot you lived near the middle of nowhere, too, heh.

Comment

I used to try to do the same thing when I had my dslr, mainly because I hated spending time correcting images, lol. If anything I would just mess with the white balance depending on the lighting I had available for the shoot. Yeah, I forgot you lived near the middle of nowhere, too, heh.
                  You got it! That's what I do too. If you see in the screenshot, you'll see the WB is "as shot" and lots of 0's on the adjustments.

Yep, I live in the armpit of the world so I'm forced to make the best of what I have until I can escape.
                  Nothing cool as far as a car goes, but if you want photos of your ride...I can handle that. Check out my Facebook page if you're bored.

Comment

I didn't realize I didn't scroll all the way over to see your corrections. What camera are you using now?

Comment

nothing but love here for that car. always enjoy your pics to. I think you can make a pos car look badass with ur pics lol

Comment

I didn't realize I didn't scroll all the way over to see your corrections. What camera are you using now?
                        I have a Canon 7D. I hope to upgrade to a 5D Mk3 in the next 6 or so months.

Comment

Originally posted by musclestang89 View Post
                          nothing but love here for that car. always enjoy your pics to. I think you can make a pos car look badass with ur pics lol
                          haha, thanks dude. I appreciate that.

Comment

Originally posted by diablo rojo View Post
                            There's not enough snow on the planet to trap me in Van Horn.
                            Amen.

<---was born there.
                            sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                            17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                            13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                            86 SVO - Sold
                            '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                            01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                            65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

If that thing was Red that interior wouldn't look like ass. Black & White needs a Black interior.
                              "You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating Fruit Loops on your front porch"

Comment

Outstanding interior, and overall dig the car. But honestly it's way past due for some serious body line redo.

David

Comment

Working...
                                X