Southwest Airlines B737 Crash Landing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
    The front landing gear of that plane punched upward through the floor into an electronics bay in the fuselage. I'll find the pic tomorrow.
    this pic?

Comment

Originally posted by crapstang View Post
      That's not good pay, but it's a fun job and a killer offer. After staying with them for a while it'd be worth it for sure. I never heard about that!
      Grated I never really researched it, but that's what I always heard.

I know this wont mean much to most of you, but they were the "Werner" and "CRST" of the airline industry.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
        Grated I never really researched it, but that's what I always heard.

I know this wont mean much to most of you, but they were the "Werner" and "CRST" of the airline industry.
        Now that's funny!

Comment

I understand the pilot did a "fly-by" and the gear problem was confirmed. I would guess by them knowing ahead of time, it was a mechanical issue and not "pilot error"?

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
            I understand the pilot did a "fly-by" and the gear problem was confirmed. I would guess by them knowing ahead of time, it was a mechanical issue and not "pilot error"?
            Wonder if they told the passengers then to brace?
            Originally posted by 01vnms4v View Post
            Don't know why but every time I fly and I only fly SW, I kinda wish something would happen. I wish it every time.
            I am Jack's sick desperation.

Comment

[QUOTE=SS Junk;1117470]Wonder if they told the passengers then to brace?

My sis has flown with Southwest for 25 years or so, and she said they do warn the passengers about "rough landings", but usually don't go into details about why. In the '70's I was aboard a Texas International flight that lost an engine right after we left Love Field. The pilot pretty much told us that and we returned to Dallas for quite a reception of a foamed runway, fire trucks, ambulances, and other assorted emergency vehicles.

Comment

I fucking hate flying anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
                  too many hookers and too much blow?
                  Not possible!!!
                  Detailing is an Obsession!!

1996 MYSTIC Cobra #405 of 2000

Fox Coupe "Calypso Killer"

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                    Wonder if they told the passengers then to brace?
                    I'm assuming that's why they had this phone rolling footage. How often do people film an average run of the mill lading..

XBL Tag = veight7

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
                      I understand the pilot did a "fly-by" and the gear problem was confirmed.

I have not heard anything remotely close to this... the gear was apparently down and locked enough to drive it up through the airframe upon touchdown.

I'd say it was a simple case of pilot error in the landing sequence.

mardyn

Comment

Raff out Roud!!

http://slothed.com/2013/07/23/korean...-gear-failure/

You probably remember KTVU’s royal eff up with reading obviously fake Asian names for the pilots of the Asiana crash. Names like “Wi To Lo” and “Ho Lee Fuk”. It looks like a Korean news agency is having some fun at KTVU’s expense. After the landing gear failure of the Southwest flight at LGA they showed this graphic with American pilot names “Captain Kent Parker Wright”, “Co-Captain Wyatt Wooden Workman”. They even went as far as making up fake names for people to interview. Flight instructor “Heywood U. Flye-Moore” and skeptical passenger “Macy Lawyers”.
                        Can't beat them, Join their NEW message board !!

Comment

Working...
                        X