Southwest Airlines B737 Crash Landing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Southwest Airlines B737 Crash Landing

DAMN!!! That could have been much worse! Any word on what caused it? Gear not locked?
    Originally posted by stevo
    Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
      DAMN!!! That could have been much worse! Any word on what caused it? Gear not locked?
      Yeah, nose gear didn't lock. It was on the news a few days ago.
      You remember the stories John use to tell us about the the three chinamen playing Fantan? This guy runs up to them and says, "Hey, the world's coming to an end!" and the first one says, "Well, I best go to the mission and pray," and the second one says, "Well, hell, I'm gonna go and buy me a case of Mezcal and six whores," and the third one says "Well, I'm gonna finish the game." I shall finish the game, Doc.

Comment

Originally posted by DieselSmoke View Post
        ahhh, I don't watch the news, so I guess that explains it.
        Originally posted by stevo
        Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

I read it touched down with the nose gear first, which doesn't absorb the impact like the rears. Damn, that made my heart skip a beat just watching it. Probably my biggest fear.

Comment

it looks like a bit of pilot error to me, his rate of decent seemed awfully high, and if the nose hit first.... Seems like the pilot still thought he was a few hundred feet above the runway, too many hookers and too much blow?
            Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Originally posted by DieselSmoke View Post
              Pilot error...
              07 GT500
              05 SRT10
              88 turbocoupe T-bird
              93 Cobra
              86 coupe
              Ducati 848

Comment

We tu lo

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                  I read it touched down with the nose gear first, which doesn't absorb the impact like the rears. Damn, that made my heart skip a beat just watching it. Probably my biggest fear.
                  How does a pilot even let that happen?

Southwest landings have always been rough in my opinion. I heard years ago that they primarily hired ex-military pilots because they were used to shorter runways. Damn pilots come in hot like they're going to snag an arresting wire to stop.

Comment

Says Web page not available on my phone. Lame
                    2014 GT
                    2013 FX2 ecoboost

Comment

I would piss and shit my britches immediately if this were to happen to me on a flight. I dread the next time I have to get on a plane.

Comment

Originally posted by Buick355 View Post
                        I would piss and shit my britches immediately if this were to happen to me on a flight. I dread the next time I have to get on a plane.

Don't know why but every time I fly and I only fly SW, I kinda wish something would happen. I wish it every time.

Comment

Damn that looked like a rough hit!
                          2014 GT
                          2013 FX2 ecoboost

Comment

Originally posted by 01vnms4v View Post
                            Don't know why but every time I fly and I only fly SW, I kinda wish something would happen. I wish it every time.
                            WTF, like what? The only think I usually wish is that I don't have a panic attack and that the stewardess' were all naked.

Comment

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
                              Probably someone that didn't have their phone turned off while in flight.
                              "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Working...
                              X