Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

C7 Corvette test video reviews are out!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not old enough, but I'm sure this same thing was said when cars when from 5-speeds to 6-speeds. I'd love a 7-speed in my ZR. It's turning 2,400rpm or so at 80ish. Gearing is steeper in the ZR, so it would be nice to have 2k rpm at 85 or thereabouts.

Plus, rowing gears is fun.
    Ford
    GM
    Toyota
    VAG

Comment

Originally posted by quikag View Post
      I'm not old enough, but I'm sure this same thing was said when cars when from 5-speeds to 6-speeds. I'd love a 7-speed in my ZR. It's turning 2,400rpm or so at 80ish. Gearing is steeper in the ZR, so it would be nice to have 2k rpm at 85 or thereabouts.

Plus, rowing gears is fun.
      I had only driven the 5-speed in my mustang when I got the M3 with a 6-speed, it took a little while to learn what gear to downshift to at a particular speed, but 0-??? acceleration runs are the same, with an extra gear at the top.

I like it because 1-4 are much tighter to keep the RPMs up in the high strung motor. Seems like overkill in such a torquey motor, but the premise is the same, keep it in the powerband.

Comment

Originally posted by STROKD View Post
        so you havent liked Vettes since 2004?
        I like the C5 and C6, but this C7 reminds me of the RX8 or CRX

"Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
          I had only driven the 5-speed in my mustang when I got the M3 with a 6-speed, it took a little while to learn what gear to downshift to at a particular speed, but 0-??? acceleration runs are the same, with an extra gear at the top.

I like it because 1-4 are much tighter to keep the RPMs up in the high strung motor. Seems like overkill in such a torquey motor, but the premise is the same, keep it in the powerband.
          Since no one seems to know... This transmission is a fucken joke. Its a 6 speed with another overdrive... They didn't bunch the gears up to make it pull harder down low, it simply has 3 ods a .8, .65 and a .5 (for instance). Whooptie fucken doo more gas mileage epa bullshit.

Comment

Working...
          X