No announcement yet.

Foam r/c A-10 Warthog built in 4 days.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foam r/c A-10 Warthog built in 4 days.

I would have had it done in less time but I sliced the shit out of my finger.
    I built it to gain some experience with electric ducted fans seeing as I will be flying my monster XB70 soon.
    Finished! And in record time too. I may maiden it tomorrow, I'm a bit nervous, I mean I have four whole days in this bird! lol

here's the XB

And here's my finger.
    Last edited by 4bangen; 08-01-2013, 06:16 PM.

Very cool, except for the finger. Ouch!
    sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
    17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
    13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
    86 SVO - Sold
    '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
    01 TJ - new toy - Sold
    65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

DAYUM! Does that go all the way across or just on that side?

also cool build

XBL Tag = veight7

Comment

Originally posted by Veight7 View Post
        DAYUM! Does that go all the way across or just on that side?

also cool build
        3/4 of the way, and it's deeper than it looks in the picture. I can now say with out a doubt I have a bone in my pinky! . For the first time in my life looking at a my own injury caused me to get light headed. All I could think was "don't be a pussy, don't you dare faint!" lol

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
          3/4 of the way, and it's deeper than it looks in the picture. I can now say with out a doubt I have a bone in my pinky! . For the first time in my life looking at a my own injury caused me to get light headed. All I could think was "don't be a pussy, don't you dare faint!" lol
          LOL I had that heppen to me when I was a kid, like 4 or 5. Tried to get my own snack and I had never peeled an orange before and thought my mom had been cutting the "skin" off. So I tried using a pairing knife to cut it open( just grabbed a knife) and took a chunk out of my finger when it slipped right off the peel. Apparently I calmly walked up to my mom in the other room and just said owe and was taken to the hospital.

XBL Tag = veight7

Comment

You should try and make an X-wing next time.
            "You don't so much drive it, more like poke it with a sharp stick and channel the fury when you piss it off."

FFL & LTC Instructor
            http://firstresponsefirearms.com/
            Factory Five MK4 Cobra
            Build thread-http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17889
            http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/l571/BlitzAttack65/
            www.wix.com/cdurhamwot/blitzattack-mk4-build
            sigpic

Comment

Looking forward to see them painted!
              "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by 01yz2nv View Post
                You should try and make an X-wing next time.
                thought about it, but I think my next one is going to be Lonestar's Space Winnebago.

Comment

The XB moved under it's own power for the first time, a whopping 5" lol. Tomorrow will come the taxi tests, then I'll finish skinning it. I don't want to think about flying yet!

Comment

by the way, the B-17 in the picture has a 79" wingspan!

Comment

I love seeing these foam projects you do. Always amazed by the symmetry you are able to maintain doing them by hand.

You should grab a set of those dyneema or other brand HPPE gloves if you are working with blades that frequently.

Comment

Originally posted by NoClassic View Post
                        I love seeing these foam projects you do. Always amazed by the symmetry you are able to maintain doing them by hand.

You should grab a set of those dyneema or other brand HPPE gloves if you are working with blades that frequently.
                        My wife just agreed with you. lol I'll look them up tomorrow. I actually lost some feeling in my pinky with this one, guess I should take it seriously!

Comment

It's almost to big to work on in the house, I figure my next build will be in the garage! lol.

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
                            It's almost to big to work on in the house, I figure my next build will be in the garage! lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Comment

video of the XB Taxi tests... Could have gone better, but I'm still pleased.
                              I need to pull the right EDF jet and fix it, then mount them both, finish covering, and paint it, stiffen the wings, and she's ready to go. All this time spent, and it comes down to one flight, it goes good or it goes bad. There's no reset button.

Comment

Working...
                              X