Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amazing tech in a tiny civilian quad-rotor.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amazing tech in a tiny civilian quad-rotor.

This may have been posted already but oh well. Just thought this little flying machine was amazing. Its a DJI Phantom and has amazing abilities including the ability to fly itself home should you lose it. And that's just one of the many incredible tricks it has up its sleeve.

Backing up; I just bought a Blade Nano QX which is an uber tiny Quad-rotor flying machine. I got an email asking me if I wanted to be in the first batch shipped so I said yeah why not cause it was under $100. Great tiny machine that is very stable yet agile enough that you can make it do flips as low as 5' off the ground. Very fast and lots of fun.
    So they sent me another email about their 350QX coming out and offered me a pre-order on it. The 350QX is large enough (and designed for) to carry a GoPro camera. Doing research I found out its gonna be a clone of the DJI Phantom but $200 cheaper and with even better software.
    So I watched some videos of the Phantom and holy crap, I am in! I am gonna get an FPV system and fly this thing MILES away! LOLZ.

Anyway, here are some videos. First one shows what its about and he shows off how stable it is and how the return home feature works.
    Next two are of people losing theirs by accident and the thing flys itself right back. One from some serious altitude. Not sure how far up he went but its pretty impressive when he pops up above the clouds.

Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Over xmas last year, I stumbled into brookstones at gpv mills mall. Never seen these outside of video games. The clerk was flying a AR2 drone and immediately wanted one!!! I did research on em and was stunned and awed. But $300 for it was too much and I thought the 10ish min run time was ridiculous. .. keep me posted on this things laser. I'm very intrigued. Especially if u come across good deals on comparable models.

Comment

That is cool is shit.
      2014 GT
      2013 FX2 ecoboost

Comment

If you are really interested in these you should look into putting one together yourself. Some of the DIY guys are doing really cool stuff with them.

Comment

Originally posted by NoClassic View Post
          If you are really interested in these you should look into putting one together yourself. Some of the DIY guys are doing really cool stuff with them.
          Yea, one of my buddies took that up as high hobby a couple of years ago. Now he's developing autonomous quad rotor robots. It's still a hobby but I think he may start his own company in a few years.

Comment

And here is the one I am waiting on. Guess it will be a couple months before they are out and I am anxious! LOL. Excellent flexibility.

Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

Comment

Working...
              X