Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most advanced car cassette player ever made (1988)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I had one I would so have a pong machine hooked to it.

"Yeah, I got my Sony PS4 running through my Pioneer AVIC Z140BT with a HD 7" wide screen".
    "Oh yeah? Well I got Pong running off my 1" CRT IN MY DASH! Baller!" LOL

Wonder if "Thrift Store" comes on cassette?
    Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
      On what planet? I don't remember anyone I knew that knew anyone that knew anyone that had even heard of CDs in 1988. I know they were out there, but I wasn't exposed to them that early. I do remember friends switching from cassette walkmans to CD walkmans around 92-93 in my hood.

I was definitely late to the game. Bought my first CD in November 1997 when I bought a brand new Mustang GT with a CD player in it.
      Seriously? How could you not be aware of CD's by 1988?
      <--Bought first home CD player in 1985. 'Sup?

Comment

Originally posted by EW View Post
        Seriously? How could you not be aware of CD's by 1988?
        <--Bought first home CD player in 1985. 'Sup?
        Ya, but you were already 40 years old in 1985.

I was 8.

Old fart!

Comment

Ya, but you were already 40 years old in 1985.

I was 8.

Old fart!
          Not quite 40 back then.

Comment

Pretty cool player! I remember fast forwarding and stopping and back and forth till I found the next song. God I hated tapes, lol.
            04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Originally posted by Sean88gt
            There is something about her that just makes my dick completely take over any thought process. If Russell Brand were on top of her, I'd fuck him just to say I pushed a dick inside of her.

Comment

I once melted a tape in a Sansui deck because I was searching for a song and went back and fourth a few times. That decks claim to fame was "fastest rewind/wind rates". LOL
              Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

Originally posted by slowyellow View Post
                Pretty cool player! I remember fast forwarding and stopping and back and forth till I found the next song. God I hated tapes, lol.
                I have had several stock tape decks that had a seek function that could skip songs. It was definitely a nice feature.

Comment

On what planet? I don't remember anyone I knew that knew anyone that knew anyone that had even heard of CDs in 1988. I know they were out there, but I wasn't exposed to them that early. I do remember friends switching from cassette walkmans to CD walkmans around 92-93 in my hood.

I was definitely late to the game. Bought my first CD in November 1997 when I bought a brand new Mustang GT with a CD player in it.
                  My dad had a CD player in 1983 (like the week they came out), but he is a tech freak. Money was easier to make back then it seems.

I still have a few of his cd's from 83, like Def Leppard's Pyromania. I remember when he hooked that shit up and cranked it up, it sounded so much better than the Nak cassette deck or the reel to reel. Got license in 94, had top of line Alpine CD player with Clif Design speakers and this amp:

Still have the amp, it was in my 86 till I took the car apart for the cage and such. I found another one that is brand new, plan to make an epic stereo with both of them when the 86 is back on the road.

I miss old school car audio.

Comment

That's an epic old school amp. Only played with one and wanted it bad.

I used to have this bad boy in my Caprice.

Comment

ha, is that a US Amp? That wouldnt fit in my 5.0.

Ive always loved PG amps, they have "THE" sound I havent been able to replicate with any other brand.

Comment

Yeah, the big ass 4 channel. Forgot what it was rated at but it blew just about every speaker I hooked to it.

EDIT: 2 channel, not 4. Fat fingered.
                        Last edited by LaserSVT; 07-04-2013, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Prob 300ish a channel at 4 ohms. If prob blew the speakers cause you didn't have enough current going to it. Large current draw will have a huge voltage dip and cause the speakers to hard clip which let's the smoke out of em... Lol

I had 2 batteries and 2 caps in my system with the little Frank amp and its only about 500 watts total rms. High voltage and a piss ton of current is GOOD...

Comment

I actually melted voice coils with it. Running it at 1ohm mono it put out well north of 3000 watts. I was one of the first people in America to blow Rockfords new Power series 12s back in 96. They said the sub was "un-blowable" and I accepted that challenge. LOL They sent me two new subs free of charge after I blew the first set up.
                            The amp got hot enough where it started to melt the carpet trim on the back of the seat so it got a new elevated mount. LOL
                            Power transfer has never been an issue in my builds. When I build systems to push over 1000 watts (well not now with class D amps) I would always upgrade the alt. I still run a 0-4 awg (depending on power level) ground wire to three spots off the battery to car, upgrade the positive off the alt to the battery and run a direct fused feed instead of junctioning at the starter like some cars do. Crimp the soldier all my power leeds on 4awg or larger etc etc. I can usually only see a .1v drop at the amp vs the battery with the system fully cranked.

EDIT: BTW, I had a Fluke amp meter that peaked at 400 amps at the time and that amplifier would peg the dang thing. LOL

Comment

Just added some old school flavor to my shop truck system. Granted its only 15 years old. The white box, not the POS black box.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                                Holy shit. I thought it was tuned to 100.3 Jamz.

CJ, ring a bell?

Comment

Working...
                                X