Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most advanced car cassette player ever made (1988)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's called a CD player. It cost me like 700 bucks but the sound quality's outstanding!

Comment

Kenwood made 2 versions of that deck...the original KRC-999 in like 1986 which used multi-colored LED's for the EQ/spectrum display, and then they updated it in 1988 with the flourescent display and called it the KRC999mk2. Over the years I've owned most of Kenwoods top decks (KRC-929,KRC-939 with AM stereo, KRC-858 pullout, and the KRC-878 pullout with CD changer controls)....but none of them were as cool as my KRC-999. I had it mounted in a shitty homemade console I threw together under the dash..and had it hooked up to the Aux in jacks on my Alpine 7903 which I built a custom frame for so I could stack it on top of my 3321 EQ. Eventually I replaced the 7903 with a top-end 7909...and then my shit got stolen. Those were the days. Man those old Kenwood's sounded good when using dbx on metal tapes.

Comment

Holy shit. I thought it was tuned to 100.3 Jamz.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

^^Thats an Alpine.... did I miss something?

I grew up around my dad having the complete pull out Alpine tape deck, bitch was high speed!

This one!
          Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

I was serious when I said I wanted to see that crt work.
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
              I was serious when I said I wanted to see that crt work.
              x2!

I remember seeing these in JC Whitney catalogs

Comment

Originally posted by AdRock View Post
                Being a sound man I'd love to have that eq function. I really wish someone would put out a car deck that has a 31 band eq with a 12db sweep in it. Treble, miss, and bass controls just don't cut it.
                the new jam: no head unit.
                tablet + line out (digital if available) + audison bit 10 (bit 10d for digital).

24bit DACs
                31 band software eq
                time alignment

adjustable via the audison configuration/calibration equipment
                www.hppmotorsports.com
                ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Originally posted by momo View Post
                  the new jam: no head unit.
                  tablet + line out (digital if available) + audison bit 10 (bit 10d for digital).

24bit DACs
                  31 band software eq
                  time alignment

adjustable via the audison configuration/calibration equipment
                  Unless the source material is .wav format on the tablet, it's still not going to sound near as good as a CD, assuming you've got decent enough amps and speakers to tell the difference. And .wav takes up a ton of space.

Everything on my iPods is apple lossless, which is leaps and bounds better than MP3, and takes up a lot more space, but still doesn't compare to a CD.

Comment

My 03 350Z came with a tape deck and CD changer. I couldn't use a CD player in high school, the bass from my Fosgate 12s would make it skip.

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
                      Unless the source material is .wav format on the tablet, it's still not going to sound near as good as a CD, assuming you've got decent enough amps and speakers to tell the difference. And .wav takes up a ton of space.

Everything on my iPods is apple lossless, which is leaps and bounds better than MP3, and takes up a lot more space, but still doesn't compare to a CD.
                      yup. i use FLAC format. CD should be the same quality as lossless audio BUT the transfer mechanism comes into play. with the devices as small as they are, high quality audio isn't the focus so they can only be the same quality if the lossless source is connected digitally.

cd players/headunits (good headunits) have the advantage of housing a higher quality DAC and processor.

if you play a lossless file on your ipod, you shouldn't use the headphone jack (that is processed audio).
                      you can use the line out from the dock connector, it is better but it has still been run through the DAC of that device.

call me crazy but someone told me about a digital out interface for the ipod that gives you a fiber optic out.
                      www.hppmotorsports.com
                      ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

I had a maximum feature Blaupunkt in my 1987 Acura Legend. I never got good at mixing that thing. It had more adjustments than Prince's mixing board.
                        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by momo View Post
                          call me crazy but someone told me about a digital out interface for the ipod that gives you a fiber optic out.
                          I have a couple of Airport Express devices that'll stream either from a machine running Itunes or any ipod/phone running IOS 5+ over wifi to a fiber signal.

Comment

I want to see mini CRT deck working!

Comment

hell i don't know what you would call that thing. Yoko tape player?

Comment

I found this it shows the inside and you can actually see the tube but no video of it working. http://www.retrothing.com/2012/03/an...m-the-80s.html

Comment

Working...
                                X