Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most advanced car cassette player ever made (1988)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AdRock View Post
    Being a sound man I'd love to have that eq function. I really wish someone would put out a car deck that has a 31 band eq with a 12db sweep in it. Treble, miss, and bass controls just don't cut it.
    Pioneer P99

Comment

Originally posted by AdRock View Post
      Being a sound man I'd love to have that eq function. I really wish someone would put out a car deck that has a 31 band eq with a 12db sweep in it. Treble, miss, and bass controls just don't cut it.

Also Sony made an ES system that had an integrated 31 band but I forgot its number.

EDIT: line-em-up beat me to it. LOL
      Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

I miss the old stereos and the separate EQ's we would put in cars. I still have a couple of post time stereo cassette decks I keep around for some reason along with nearly 100 cassette albums.

Comment

Originally posted by LaserSVT View Post
          LOL, I had the Nakamichi cassette deck back in the day, NAD preamp and NAD tuner with an Audio Control EQ and Sony ES CD player all driving a Carver TFM45 amp and some Polk SDA SRS speakers.
          The speakers are about the only part I wish I still had.

Anywho, I have installed thousands of automotive cassette decks over the years but never seen a Kenwood like that. Pretty cool deck.
          I have installed one of these before:
          I demand to see that thing in action. video? model number?
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Those are much nicer than the tape player in my 95' mustang.
            WRX

Comment

Originally posted by roliath View Post
              ballllllliiiiiinnnnnnn those were like 2k +

And in the 80's money!
              Bought it before I had kids and still had money. LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                It was before the days of camera phones..... or even digital cameras. Think I had a Sears VHS camcorder when I installed that deck. LOL
                Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
                  By '88, CD's were being used widely in the home...
                  On what planet? I don't remember anyone I knew that knew anyone that knew anyone that had even heard of CDs in 1988. I know they were out there, but I wasn't exposed to them that early. I do remember friends switching from cassette walkmans to CD walkmans around 92-93 in my hood.

I was definitely late to the game. Bought my first CD in November 1997 when I bought a brand new Mustang GT with a CD player in it.
                  Last edited by jluv; 07-01-2013, 09:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post

Do want.

I cant find anything on this deck on the net...
                    ./ ____ _ _\.
                    (]]]_ o _[[[)
                    \o_FORD_o/
                    |__|.....|__|

God closes doors no man can open, God opens doors no man can close. Revelations 3:7-8

Comment

That's awesome. Back in 95, I had just purchased a Nissan Hardbody. I was really big into off roading at the time and didn't want a CD because of skip, so I went with the highest end Alpine cassette player - it wasn't near as kickass as that Kenwood.

Comment

Comment

At 13 (1988) I bought my first home CD player. Was a Pioneer 6 disc changer and was only $229. I remember being too cheap to spend the extra $30 to get the 1-bit D/A version. I had also owned my Sony Discman for at least a year.

Correction, was January of 89. I used x-mas money.

Comment

When I bought my Ranger brand new in late '98 (as a '99 model), it came standard with AM/FM cassette. I had them put a factory CD head unit in it during dealer prep. Cost me like $20/mo too! Totally worth it. lol...
                            When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Shit, remember when car CD players first came out, you hit a bump and the fucker would skip!

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
                                Shit, remember when car CD players first came out, you hit a bump and the fucker would skip!
                                The one in my moms 90 Towncar wasn't that bad. Worked for a hell of a long time too, finally went out in 06.

Comment

Working...
                                X