2014 Ford F-150 Tremor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
    It will get better mpg than the current Eco-Boost F-150's, since it will be lighter and like I stated already, it is pkg'd like the Lightning except without getting an 'R' code and making insurance rates be sky high.
    I owned three lightnings and none of my insurance was sky high...
    07 GT500
    05 SRT10
    88 turbocoupe T-bird
    93 Cobra
    86 coupe
    Ducati 848

Comment

Originally posted by BlackGT View Post
      The new 5.0 F150's have 360hp/380tq stock. A CAI and tune and you're 380+.. Plenty of SWB 5.0 F150's running 12's with CAI and a tune...

I would prefer to keep the V8 over the eco6...
      I test drove both the 5.0 and the ecoboost when I was looking and the ecoboost was a faster truck stock.
      07 GT500
      05 SRT10
      88 turbocoupe T-bird
      93 Cobra
      86 coupe
      Ducati 848

Comment

I still like my ext cab STX with the 5.0. A little xtra room. Enough to put a couple kids and still seems practical. Yes its a little heavier than the rcsb. I haven't timed yet but with the 5.0, 3.55s, and 40 series flows its not bad for a daily driver.

I've debated a tune but fear voiding the Ford warranty with under 5k miles on it
        2013 F150 STX Supercab 5.0L w/3.55 LSD
        1990 GT Convertible

Comment

Originally posted by mk5.0 View Post
          I test drove both the 5.0 and the ecoboost when I was looking and the ecoboost was a faster truck stock.
          I don't deny that it has more power and is faster in stock trim. Stock eco is 380hp/412tq... But it takes turbos to get there and they have had quite a few problems out of the ecoboost platform in the f150's. Not to mention that the eco option comes with 3.73 gears...

From a simplicity and reliability standpoint, I prefer the 5.0 and I think it has more SAFE/RELIABLE power potential than the eco. But stock for stock the eco wins hands down... But for less than the cost of the eco option, I can get a CAI, Tuner, and Gears and be just as fast if not faster...
          Last edited by BlackGT; 06-27-2013, 02:54 PM.
          "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

I don't deny that it has more power and is faster in stock trim. Stock eco is 380hp/412tq... But it takes turbos to get there and they have had quite a few problems out of the ecoboost platform in the f150's. Not to mention that the eco option comes with 3.73 gears...

From a simplicity and reliability standpoint, I prefer the 5.0 and I think it has more SAFE/RELIABLE power potential than the eco. But stock for stock the eco wins hands down... But for less than the cost of the eco option, I can get a CAI, Tuner, and Gears and be just as fast if not faster...
            a tuner on an eco will destroy a bolt on 5.0 truck. my eco has 3.55s.
            ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

Originally posted by matts5.0 View Post
              This.

As soon as my warranty expires... count me in!

Comment

The new 5.0 F150's have 360hp/380tq stock. A CAI and tune and you're 380+.. Plenty of SWB 5.0 F150's running 12's with CAI and a tune...

I would prefer to keep the V8 over the eco6...
                Exactly....
                07 GT500
                05 SRT10
                88 turbocoupe T-bird
                93 Cobra
                86 coupe
                Ducati 848

Comment

387/421 at the wheels with only a tune and downpipe. Very impressive.

Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

You can get 5 or 6 rear end options iirc.

Comment

all the faster ecos seem to be 4x4s running the 3.55 locking diff..
                      ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

It needs a center diff for full time AWD...

Comment

You're missing the point. The Eco option is $1,100 over the 5.0...

So let say you have $36,000 to spend and want a decently fast truck. Now lets say a 5.0 costs 35,000.00. Eco costs 36,100.00

You spend all your money on the Eco because it gives you more performance off the lot.

I buy a 5.0 and spend the money i saved on CAI and tune. Now my truck is just as fast as your eco and I still have $500 left for exhaust. Already have as much power as an eco and haven't even added a power adder yet. The 5.0 has more potential than an eco...
                          "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

I won't get into the debate of Eco versus 5.0 on the power front, but I think every single person would agree the 5.0 sounds a hell of a lot better than the Eco. That has to be worth something. Factor in the better overall reliability of the 5.0 and that is why we've started buying those for our light duty trucks versus the Eco.
                            Ford
                            GM
                            Toyota
                            VAG

Comment

Originally posted by quikag View Post
                              I won't get into the debate of Eco versus 5.0 on the power front, but I think every single person would agree the 5.0 sounds a hell of a lot better than the Eco.
                              I dunno about that, I would guess it's 50/50 on the sound of the motor as well. When I had my EcoBoost, I LOVED the sound of those twins spooling up, and they only got louder as I put miles on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                                I dunno about that, I would guess it's 50/50 on the sound of the motor as well. When I had my EcoBoost, I LOVED the sound of those twins spooling up, and they only got louder as I put miles on it.
                                The one's I drove just had a very flat exhaust note.
                                Ford
                                GM
                                Toyota
                                VAG

Comment

Working...
                                X